Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Well I Sailed The Fantasy Last Jan 27 Thru Feb 1st And Some Of Us From That Roll Call That Hit It Off So Well Have We (well I) Was Wondering If There Is Any Liquior Store To Pick Up Somethings For The Cruise. I Know That There Is That Shopping Mall Right By The Ship Terimal But Wasnt Sure But Liquior Stores. Thanks So Much

And Too If Anyone Checking Out This We Also Have A Roll Call Goin, That Is So Slow I Cant Stand It. I Guess I Am Used To Roll Calls Being Alittle Bit More Busier

Thanks Again

Walmart has an isle of liquor along with several box wines. It is located past the port on Tchoupitoulas St. There are also a couple of places on Canal St.

Dave

Yes, sad indeed. We have been chatting about that. Do you have your sea legs back from your 14 day Transatlantic, you lucky hound you!!!

We sail Saturday on the Holiday. It will seem strange to take head east from Gulfport instead of west Saturday morning.

You do have a wonderful couple sailing with you on the 15th from NO. We sailed with them on the Victory and they are a hoot!

Hope to see again soon though!!

Jsme- The reubens are especially good and I think they are better than the pizzas. They also have smoked salmon and bagels and cold sandwiches such as a turkey wrap.

You see that is why I wanted to make sure. I love Reubens. I also loved smoked salmon and love wraps. I think I have 5lb more to lose in order to enjoy eating on this cruise.

Last time we cruised we were on the Conquest in a suite, and the room came with a hair drier. However, this time we are going the opposite route and getting an interior room.

Will a hair drier be included in a Cat4 room, or will we need to pack one?

Last time we cruised we were on the Conquest in a suite, and the room came with a hair drier. However, this time we are going the opposite route and getting an interior room.

Will a hair drier be included in a Cat4 room, or will we need to pack one?

You will need to bring one. We were in an IS last time on the Conquest and did not have one.

Dave

Yeah, I remember meeting you on the Conquest! So, is the lack or hair drier generally true across the entire Carnival fleet?

We had one on the Celebration. Have no clue why Fantasy does not have one. However, I normally bring my own since it has more watts and can dry my hair much quicker.

jetskier thanks for the walmart heads up.... the group i am cruisin with is picking me up at the gulfport airport and said that they would stop at the slidell walmart but thanks for the info. we are then goin to be staying at the hilton riverside. can anyone give me an idea of your that is in regards to the riverwalk mall thing and the where the ship docks? i looked it up on map quest but i wasnt sure what address to use for the ship..julia st pier? thanks so much

ar_barbaran enjoy the fantasy ..she is turning into my favorite 5 days sailing ship

jetskier thanks for the walmart heads up.... the group i am cruisin with is picking me up at the gulfport airport and said that they would stop at the slidell walmart but thanks for the info. we are then goin to be staying at the hilton riverside. can anyone give me an idea of your that is in regards to the riverwalk mall thing and the where the ship docks? i looked it up on map quest but i wasnt sure what address to use for the ship..julia st pier? thanks so much

ar_barbaran enjoy the fantasy ..she is turning into my favorite 5 days sailing ship

The pier is on Erato Street. The pier is next to the old Julia Street terminal and the Riverwalk is right next to the Julia Street terminal. You can check out the Port of New Orleans web site (www.portno.com ) to get an idea of the location of the pier relative to the Riverwalk.

We cruise on the Fantasy on Jan. 3rd and will be NO the day before. Has anyone ever eaten at the Cajun Cabin on Bourbon Street? We will be eating there after a day at the D-Day museum. My son is 16 and we will eat here around 5:30 or so. Will Bourbon Street be o.k. at that time of day for my son? If we take the trolley, how close to Cajun Cabin does it drop off?

We cruise on the Fantasy on Jan. 3rd and will be NO the day before. Has anyone ever eaten at the Cajun Cabin on Bourbon Street? We will be eating there after a day at the D-Day museum. My son is 16 and we will eat here around 5:30 or so. Will Bourbon Street be o.k. at that time of day for my son? If we take the trolley, how close to Cajun Cabin does it drop off?

The DDay museum is AMAZING I went there last weekend.. was there 4 hours and only saw 1/2 of it!

We have cruised on the Fantasy twice and enjoyed it both times. We had an interior cabin the first time and was able to get a hair dryer by simply asking our cabin steward for one. The staff is friendly and the ship is kept clean. And by all means, if you can come down a day or more before you sail, check out the D day museum/WW2 museum.

ok one more question for anyone from the slidell area.... i am going back in forth with the problem. some of this is the same story over and over. i am flying on skybus and i am trying to get everything in as a carryon and then stopping at walmart for pop and booze (yes please dont turn me in to the carnival police) but i wanted to make sure that the slidell walmart is a super walmart that sells booze and is slidell a "dry" county. i would hate to have my friends stop just to find out that i am S O L. thanks again everyone.

Well, to start off, Louisiana is a unique place as we have parishes rather than counties... That being said, I don't think Louisiana has ANY dry parishes. And least of all near New Orleans. I could be wrong, but all my life I never even heard of such an animal except other states. So I think you should be fine. Otherwise there's alway the Wal Mart near the pier. Anyone with more accurate information will probably let you know!

ok one more question for anyone from the slidell area.... i am going back in forth with the problem. some of this is the same story over and over. i am flying on skybus and i am trying to get everything in as a carryon and then stopping at walmart for pop and booze (yes please dont turn me in to the carnival police) but i wanted to make sure that the slidell walmart is a super walmart that sells booze and is slidell a "dry" county. i would hate to have my friends stop just to find out that i am S O L. thanks again everyone.

Slidell is not a dry parish. I dont think the Walmart there will have "hard" liquor.

Max's One Stop Drink Shop

704 Gause Blvd W (Hwy 190)

http://local.picayuneitem.com/Max--27s+One+Stop+Drink+Shop.262134.97528278.home.html

Dave

Slidell is not a dry parish. I dont think the Walmart there will have "hard" liquor.

Max's One Stop Drink Shop

704 Gause Blvd W (Hwy 190)

http://local.picayuneitem.com/Max--27s+One+Stop+Drink+Shop.262134.97528278.home.html

Dave

I live in Slidell, LA. and yes the local Wal-Marts (two of them) do have "hard" liquor. and even on Sundays. No Blue laws here.

JimmyJames

Archived