Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

Thanks, I do mean 2008 but I didn't see the little "next" button at the bottom of the page, oops! It looks like we might try the Fantasy, even though we said we would never sail on a smaller Carnival ship (because of horror stories of friends), hopefully this board will reassure me. If not, then it doesn't look like my next cruise will be from New Orleans:o When will the Fantasy be upgraded? (I am aware by 2009) Maybe that will help.

Then again, we loved the NCL Majesty, so maybe the Fantasy is on that same level.

Well, I love the Fantasy class ships. I was even concerned about booking something larger for my upcoming cruise.

The layout if great. It doesn't take you the entire cruise to figure your way around the ship. So they don't have a supper club. I had excellent meals in the dining room on my 2 Fantasy & 1 Elation cruise.

Never had problems with long lines at the buffet, either. Loved the breakfast in the dining room, too.

Anyway, don't go into it thinking you'll not like it!

Thanks, I do mean 2008 but I didn't see the little "next" button at the bottom of the page, oops! It looks like we might try the Fantasy, even though we said we would never sail on a smaller Carnival ship (because of horror stories of friends), hopefully this board will reassure me. If not, then it doesn't look like my next cruise will be from New Orleans:o When will the Fantasy be upgraded? (I am aware by 2009) Maybe that will help.

Then again, we loved the NCL Majesty, so maybe the Fantasy is on that same level.

If you loved the Majesty you will love the Fantasy!! I love the Fantasy class ships and the Majesty is around 48,000 tons and the Fantasy is 70,000 something tons, almost twice the size of the Majesty. You will have a great time. I also thought that of all the Fantasy class ships I have been on that the Fantasy is one of the prettiest. I loved Cleopatra's decor and the promenade was the brightest prettiest one I have seen in this class. Go for it!:D

Rob

Just wondering if you will be working Saturday Dec 29th? Look forward to seeing you if you are at VIP checkin. Missed you in April and although the lady that checked me in was nice enough it just was not the same.

Bonnie can I check in with you and be in the VIP area? lol

The Fantasy should be upgraded by October 2008.... I forget the dates in September that she is going in and that site isn't working for me right now.

The only 7-day sailing out of New Orleans is on the NCL Spirit. Carnival is losing out by not placing a ship here. They lost my booking for a sailing in November because of there not being a 7-day sailing.

Dave

Hey....glad to hear from you....we were worried about the recent storms in South Mississippi and we didn't know how "south" they went.

They moved our thread to the Floataway Lounge...but halo let us know you were ok!!

Hey....glad to hear from you....we were worried about the recent storms in South Mississippi and we didn't know how "south" they went.

They moved our thread to the Floataway Lounge...but halo let us know you were ok!!

We were ok, the tornado hit 40 miles away near Mendenhall. I have been away from the boards because we own and manage a firework tent over the holidays. I have satellite internet at home so I dont have dial-in capability when I am away. I had to run back home today to work on a couple of jetskis for customers and then go back to the tent this evening.

I am about ready for some warm weather. Michelle is going on the Holiday with her Mom on Jan 14th and I am waiting for our trip on the Sun in Feb.

Dave

Nope...no hairdryer or refrigerator in an OV. I've heard of some asking the cabin steward to bring them a hairdryer but I would just pack one. You can get the travel size dryers at WalMart for about $10.

Yes, I was surprised I did not have a hair dryer in our room. Thankfully I had brought a small travel one with me.

Kathy

We will be in Progreso on Jan 28 and have never been there before. We are considering a couple of different excursions, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the ATV Adventure At Rancho Grande, Buggy Beach Break, or Dune Buggy Exploration & Beach. Thanks for any help you can give.

We will be in Progreso on Jan 28 and have never been there before. We are considering a couple of different excursions, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the ATV Adventure At Rancho Grande, Buggy Beach Break, or Dune Buggy Exploration & Beach. Thanks for any help you can give.
Here's my 2 cents worth. My 18 yr. old DS went on this excursion with some other guests from our Roll Call last week. He loved the excursion but complained about the actual amount of time that he spent on the ATV. The 4 hour excursion consisted of a two hour round trip drive and an informational meeting. The ride was just over an hour. He said it was awesome but you'd have to make the decision if it's really worth the $97. posted with Carnival. As a matter of fact, I complained to the Purser's Desk and they gave us a 25% refund. The start time of 10:00 got changed to 11:30. My son forgot to bring lunch with him and they didn't have anything to eat until returning to the ship. They also were allowed to swim in the pool at Rancho Grande but not many brought a swim suit so no one went swimming. My DS wore jeans but most of the other people were in shorts. Since I washed his clothes when we arrived back home today, I can swear to the fact that he got very dirty.

We will be in Cozumel next Saturday on the Fantasy. Will we dock or tender? Thanks.

The docking schedules come out on Monday on www.cozumelinsider.com Because Fantasy docked a week recently doesn't mean she'll dock again the next week. Hopefully they'll update that website on NYE. If not, it should be up by Wednesday.

You and me both. :D

As a first-time cruiser, I'm wondering... Do I need to pack a travel iron?

Irons are strictly forbidden - they are a fire hazard. There is an iron and ironing board in each laundry room that you can use for free. Downy Wrinkle Release also makes a travel size bottle.

Here is a link to the other items that you can not bring on board. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

Please leave your iron at home....for the safety of the other passengers and crew. :)

Irons are strictly forbidden - they are a fire hazard. There is an iron and ironing board in each laundry room that you can use for free. Downy Wrinkle Release also makes a travel size bottle.

Here is a link to the other items that you can not bring on board. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

Please leave your iron at home....for the safety of the other passengers and crew. :)

Thanks. I'd read that page before, but somehow missed the iron part.

The docking schedules come out on Monday on www.cozumelinsider.com Because Fantasy docked a week recently doesn't mean she'll dock again the next week. Hopefully they'll update that website on NYE. If not, it should be up by Wednesday.

A co-worker of mine sailed on the Fantasy and in Cozumel on a Monday and the ship docked at the International Pier. I recently sailed on the Fantasy and in Cozumel on a Thursday and the ship docked at the Punta Langosta pier. I don' t believe you will tender into Cozumel. The Punta Langosta pier is near the Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs, so a taxi was not required to get downtown.

DH and I booked an inside guaranty and were surprised with a porthole. It was on Riviera all the way in the front. We did not feel anything at all. The only complaint that I had was that we dining room was in the back and our room was in the front. It was a mighty long walk. Other than that no problem what so ever.

Archived