Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

With all of people falling overboard recently and the fact we are taking kids,

what is the railing height on the side of the ship?

Windows by the Sea has a nice eating area outside with tables.

I would like to sit outside especially traveling down the Mississippi, BUT now I am feeling a freaked knowing my kids will be like

pin balls in a pin ball machine and the railing right beside us.

Also does anyone know how wide the gap is between the cables making up the railing?

You can see the railing behind me. I believe it is less than a foot between bars.

Dave

dave1.jpg.81154d19e24e16b11ad50667b2b862e8.jpg

will either of you just back be posting a review?

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I broke down and went to the doctor this morning because of this "seasickness" I've had since returning. Turns out I have an inner ear infection and it's not due to the motion on the ship. Or at least that didn't help.

We had a great time and have sailed out of New Orleans previously on the Holiday, before it relocated, and the Sensation. We love the new Erato terminal and decided to park there. Parking was so convienent, as we drove into the parking garage there were baggage handlers that gave us a parking tag and took our luggage. We drove one floor up to find an empty spot and then walked into the cruise terminal and went through security and got on the ship. Very easy. We arrived at the terminal about 11am and were on the ship in about 15 - 20 minutes.

I really like the Fantasy. So similar to the Sensation but it seems like they make use of the space more effeciently. I like the Promenade deck with the stores and lounges. We enjoyed the piano bar and the other lounge that had big screen tv's to watch the NCAA basketball games. There's a $10.00 gift shop that was perfect for those Mother's Day gifts coming up. The coffee bistro looked nice too but didn't get a chance to use it.

Food was very good, liked the buffets more than the dinning room food. Our waiters tried to serve us other items if we didn't eat everything on our plate. He really tried to please us. Our room steward was so kind also.

I really enjoyed the last night dance show. Very entertaining. We had Big Tex as the cruise director and he was pretty good. There were two comedians that were brought on the ship and they were enjoyable too.

If you like cupacinno be sure to order it during dinner. No extra charge. Also, the melting chocolate cake is wonderful and they will bring you as many desserts as you can eat if you like. :D Our DSs enjoyed that.

Costa Maya beaches are so pretty, nice waves and the bluest water. We didn't do much there but that was our intent to just relax.

We did have to take a tender at Cozumel. I would prefer that and get the use of that pier than dock and be at another pier. I like the shops there the most.

We went to Playa Mia and it was very crowded. Luckily, we took a cab to Playa Mia as soon as we arrived in Cozumel. Found great beach chairs and enjoyed most of the day there. Many people arrived throughout the day only to find no beach chairs available. We chose Playa Mia because of our teens wanting to be where a lot of people were and water toys/activities. The buffet food was good and the drinks were strong. Got our money's worth that's for sure. Then we took a taxi to Senor Frogs and then to shop before going back to the ship.

We did the self assist for debarkation and it worked great. With two teen boys and all luggage on wheels, it was very easy. Were were on the Empress deck so we were able to get off first. Customs was a breeze and we were out of our room and in our car in less that 25 minutes.

I forgot to mention we drove into NOLA and stayed in the French Quarter at St. Marie hotel on Toulouse. It was very nice, rooms a little old but that's the French Quarter. People were very friendly. We at at Desire on Bourbon, GREAT FOOD. Then we walked around for awhile. Many, many police walking around as well as families. Saw 2 arrests, not sure why but it was funny to see people watching and taking pictures of them with their cell phones. The next morning we walked to the Cafe Du Mondes for coffee and beinet's (sorry for my spelling). Easy walk and very pretty out with the all the azaelas in Jackson Square.

If I didn't cover anything you were interested in please let me know. Maybe by then the room will stop spinning. :p

Does anyone know about how much a cab ride from the MSY airport to Port New Orleans will cost. I think the trip is about 40 minutes.

I'm 99% sure that we paid $28 for a cab. There was also a shuttle, which was $13 per person.

Does anyone know about how much a cab ride from the MSY airport to Port New Orleans will cost. I think the trip is about 40 minutes.

I posted this info over on the New Orleans, Ports of Call section of the boards today. Lots of info there.

Taxicabs:A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. $1 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

Airport Shuttle:Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $13.00 (per person, one-way) or $26.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person. Call 1-866-596-2699 or (504) 522-3500 for more details or to make a reservation. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call well enough in advance for the specially-equipped shuttle to be reserved. For group reservations of 10 or more people please dial 1-866-596-2699. Ticket booths are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area. $2 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

Hi Martha,

Today is your lucky day. Here is the reply from Mr Jumonville:

David - Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have checked with

my parking sub-contractor and he has confirmed that some passengers on

that day were incorrectly charged $84 for the five day cruise. This was

an unusual cruise for NCL's NORWEGIAN SUN, which usually does seven day

cruises from New Orleans, and apparently our staff did not calculate

correctly. We apologize for the overcharge, and will refund your credit

card for the $14. In order to credit your account, we will need the

exact name on the credit card, the card number and the expiration date.

I assume the address on your e-mail is your correct mailing address.

Please rest assured that the Port of New Orleans is not in the business

of overcharging. Our rate for a four day cruise is $56, for a five day

cruise is $70 and for a seven day cruise is $98.

Thanks once again for bringing this overcharge to our attention.

Regards,

J. Robert Jumonville

Director, Cruise & Tourism

Port of New Orleans

JUMONVILLER@portno.com

Dave,

I'm paying bills tonight, and when I thought about our credit card bill, I realized that I had not come back to this thread to see if you had any kind of reply from the Port of New Orleans.

Thanks for doing the "leg work" on this refund. I'll send in the information this week. Honestly, if they had come back and said that the extra charge was going into rebuilding the city of New Orleans, I would have been completely fine with that.

Dave,

I'm paying bills tonight, and when I thought about our credit card bill, I realized that I had not come back to this thread to see if you had any kind of reply from the Port of New Orleans.

Thanks for doing the "leg work" on this refund. I'll send in the information this week. Honestly, if they had come back and said that the extra charge was going into rebuilding the city of New Orleans, I would have been completely fine with that.

Hi Martha,

I have seen the reversal as of this morning but I will keep you informed.

Dave

sounds great !!

how long did it take to get to the port when you tendered?

Was there a long wait?

Do you know which beach you did in Costa Maya ?

Once we got on the tender it took just a few minutes to get to the port. My DH, wanting to get to the beach asap, had us in line to get on the tender about 30 minutes early. Plus, I think because of the rough seas and waiting for customs to clear the ship, we waited probably an addtional 30 minutes to get on the tender. Once the ship was cleared the line moved very fast. I'm not sure it would have been any quicker to wait awhile before getting in line. Either way, we just take it all in stride, relax and enjoy.

We didn't go to a beach in Costa Maya. I know many people hate the port, touristy and all, but we enjoy it. We have a waiter,David, at the restaurant by the pool in the port who we enjoy. (He was there 2 years ago and again last week.) He get's us a table at the pool and serves us all day. Great food and drinks! We go to the beach right there, kind of rocky but pretty. Plus the stores are right there and there's a real nice, clean bathroom. They play music and we meet great people all day. Since we do the beach thing in Cozumel and have been on this trip many times we opted for the port-pool thing again.

Hope this helps.

sounds great !!

how long did it take to get to the port when you tendered?

Was there a long wait?

Do you know which beach you did in Costa Maya ?

Hey girl! We are the only ship in port the day we visit Costa Maya, so we should probably dock... also the only other ship the day we are in Cozumel will be the Ecstacy, so we'll dock then too ;)

Does anyone have a recent FANTASY caper that they could post for us ?

Thank you

Carolina

I have searched and searched and only find the old ones from the Bahamas itinerary. I leave in less than 3 weeks and I will scan some when I return if you still want them.

I went thru the 5 month old capers (and they are probably very close to current ones with minor changes)

and picked out times and events of fun things to do in anticiaption.

We enjoyed playing Bingo on the Holiday. They have 9 scheduled times for this.

You can take your kids and they can enjoy it too.

7:30 - 8:30 pm Monday $3.50 Margarettas in the piano bar --- but Camp Carnival orientation is at 7:30 pm too.

May grab one on the way there.

It's been a couple months since I printed them, but

Monday -- hand written note it was 10/26/2006

3 pages

Tuesday -- 3 pages

Wednesday -- 3pages

Thursday -- 3 pages

Friday -- 3 pages

Oct 26,2006 was a Thursday and it was a 4-day cruise. We were on the first 5-day cruise on the Fantasy out of NOLA on Oct 30th, 2006, a Monday.

Dave

7:30 - 8:30 pm Monday $3.50 Margarettas in the piano bar --- but Camp Carnival orientation is at 7:30 pm too.

May grab one on the way there.

And right around the corner from the piano bar is the free liquor tasting from 7-10pm on the first day onboard. If anyone sees Ratka in the gift shops, please tell her "other husband" says hello. It stems from a joke I played on her boyfriend for her because he is always picking on her.

Dave

Oct 26,2006 was a Thursday and it was a 4-day cruise. We were on the first 5-day cruise on the Fantasy out of NOLA on Oct 30th, 2006, a Monday.

Dave

My wednesday page has a 12 noon arrival in Costa Maya, and Camp Carnival had trick or treating 7pm - 7:45 pm

Adult costume party 8-10 pm 21st century bar

10:30 pm costume parade

Wednesay was 1 Nov not 31 Oct

Was this your cruise?

About the people falling overboard.

Falling overboard is very hard to do, and almost always the result of having too much alcohol. As long as you supervise your kids they will be fine. I can not for the life of me figure out how these people fall off of the boat.

If anyone knows how these people keep falling off let me know.

Hey girl! We are the only ship in port the day we visit Costa Maya, so we should probably dock... also the only other ship the day we are in Cozumel will be the Ecstacy, so we'll dock then too ;)

That is great to hear. :D I did see that on the Cruiscal

but I just figured that maybe the other ships register late...?:confused:

I dont know...

I have a dolpohin Excursion booked in Cozumel for 10 am, and we are supposed to dock at 7am... so I am hoping that I will be able to make it ... my kids are excited about the dolphin swim

and I got it cheaper booking directly from Dolphin Discovery itself ...:cool:

I have my fingers crossed!

Thank you LuvLeLe !:)

Carolina

Archived