New BEdding-JEWEL

Just returned (yesterday) from 8-day Jewel of the seas and they were replacing the mattresses yesterday as we were leaving the ship. Our cabin steward told us they were being replaced on Sunday-so don't know if that is the entire ship or just our deck (8) but we did see them unloading tractor trailers of mattresses (can't spell it).

I just posted a pretty detailed review so check it out. LEt me know if you have more questions--hopefully they got all the mattresses on board yesterday!

I loved Orient Beach in St Maarten--abseloutly spectacular--some topless --there is also a beach that is more au natural--(read naked) but that was further away from us.

I was told that Coki (sp) beach in St Thomas was wonderful....I like Caneel Bay/Trunk bay but think the ferry/bus business takes too much out of your day. We enjoyed our sail on Rumbaba.

By the way--when you sail on the Jewel in the coming weeks--be sure to listen carefully when they tell you to turn your watches back or forward in two ports...we left a woman behind (screaming on the pier---no kidding) because she thought it was 4:10 and it was really 5:10...she forgot to change her watch!!!

Questions---let me know

Cyndi

Archived