Parade of the Chefs

:) I just watched Samantha Brown on Freedom of the Seas- they showed the Parade of the chefs in the dining room- can anyone tell me which night of the cruise they do this?

I saw that show too and was wondering if they do that parade on all ships and maybe we just missed which night they do it. Anyone know?

They had the parade of chefs on the last formal night. I had forgotten about that until we saw it. On that cruise, the waiters and asst. waiters paraded 2 separate nights.We really enjoyed cheering for our Aelita as she went by because she was a new transfer off the Majesty and is such a personable young lady! She really appreciated our enthusiasm too.:)

How elaborate this is seems to be a function of which ship you're on.

On my Explorer cruise, there were two parades. On one night the waiters paraded and most of them had funny hats that they'd fashioned, some out of dining room materials (eg, napkins, a plate or glass or wine bottle balanced up top, etc). The second time they paraded (later in the cruise) they had flags representing the different nations they hail from.

On my Jewel cruise, they had parades twice, but they just came out waving, assembled on the staircase, and sang along with the tape. Pretty boring in comparison to the Explorer parades.

The only parade I have seen before was on Majesty and all the waiters did a Parade/Conga line which was fun.

The Tv showed all the chefs in full regalia parading down the staircases to applause. It was neat. I'm thinking it was probably later in the cruise although it came at almost the beginning of the program:)

Archived