Galveston transportation from port to IAH

Ok, call me crazy. I will be on the Splendour at the end of March and have an 11:45am flight home from IAH. I'm trying to stay optimistic that if we get off the ship right away, we can make this flight. On that note, I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions on the fastest, most reliable limo/taxi service to get us to IAH to make that flight. Thanks!

You can get a cab at the pier. It should take no more than 90 minutes to reach IAH. I would expect to pay about $120 for the cab. Several private car services are available in Galveston. You can find reviews here on this board. Make sure you book a private car service and not a van service like Galveston Limo. Galveston limo may provide a fine service but they won't leave until their shuttle is full and will probably stop at Hobby airport first. You will never make a flight before noon using them.

Wow, you will be really tight on time getting to IAH. Hobby you most likely would make it. I would make sure to get an early debark time on the ship. Galveston cruise terminal is a nightmare and the biggest problem is for the cab or other transportation to get close enough to you. The last 2 times we sailed her, we had asked for early debark time and we still did not get off the ship until 9:45, then find luggage, get it out to a cab. We had flight times at around 1:00PM and only just made it before they called to board the flight.

Archived