Just back from Sun, need help from fellow passengers

HI All,

Just got back last night from NOLA, had a wonderful trip! Unfortunately all photos we took were mistakenly erased. :eek: If anyone was on the trip and would be willing to share some of your photos, while they are not ours at least we would have something. We are hoping someone else has photos from the waterfalls in Guatemala and the amazing send off from the pier at Guatemala Also from the longer ruins trip at costa Maya, I can't remember the correct spelling it was something like Kuchoban (?) and from the Belize Zoo and Wildlife trip. Any others from the ports or whatever would also be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help you might provide. BTW we really enjoyed meeting everyone at the Meet and Greet.

If you have photos you would like to share you can email them at dk1re@earthlink.net.

Thank you so much,

Dan and Kathi

I'm so sorry to hear about your photos. Having done something very similar following a land trip 5 years ago, however, don't give up hope. Depending on how they were erased, you may be able to recover them. If they've been erased and not written over, your chances of getting them back are pretty good. As long as the memory card hasn't been reformated, the photos are still there -- even if you can't see them.

First of all -- don't do anything else with your memory card!!! Depending on what your level of computer competency is, you may be able to do it yourself. If you're not comfortable with that option, contact a really good photo shop in your area. The program I used was something called R-Studio, but I know there are others out there too. It has a free download that will recover photos up to a certain size without costing you anything. If you find out it's working, then you can pay for the cost of the actual program, which I"m pretty sure was less than $50.

If I can be of any further help, feel free to contact me via email. It's listed in my signature line.

Thank you Ute Fan, unfortuately it appears that my DH did reformat the card and that is how all of the photos were lost. I do appreciate your suggestion. We are both pretty sad as you can well imagine :( . We had to work very hard not to let it spoil the rest of the cruise. We still had an amazing time.

Kathi

Sorry to hear about your pictures. That would put a real damper on the trip for me too. We sail on Sunday and I wondered how the Guatemala falls were? A recent post said they were almost dry from lack of rainfall. How did you get there? How much?

Thanks,

Tony

Thank you for all of your suggestions we will try the software you suggest and see what happens.

Tony, we loved the falls, we are kind of chicken and always book with the NCL excursions, especially some place like Guatemala or Belize. The bus ride there was really cool as the little kids would come running out of their houses to wave to us and pretty much anyone on the streets would do the same. Guatemala was our favorite port. When we were finished with the waterfall tour we did some shopping at the port, ate lunch on the ship and then took the City tour which was also great. We had Marianne as a guide and her English was better than mine. :o We booked that right there on the dock. Make sure when the ship leaves port that you are someplace where you can view the send off from the dock. It is unlike anything we have ever expereinced. I think we are the most bummed about losing those pictures as it is pretty amazing! Have a wonderful trip, wish we were back on with you.

This happened on the Carnival Ecstasy to two people. We asked them to make an announcement so that others could share pictures at the time, but they refused. I still think it was wrong of them not to post a notice or make a pa announcement.

Hi Kathi -

We just got back yesterday as well and had a wonderful time.

I emailed you a link to some of our photos from the trip. I am not sure if you can download them as they are on our website. If you see any you want to have, let me know and I can put them on snapfish or one of the other sites that will allow you to download.

Regards,

Lauren

HI All' date='

....Unfortunately all photos we took were mistakenly erased. ...[/quote']

if you mistakenly erased your photos from your digital camera, you can use this to recover them:

http://www.smartpctools.com/fat_recovery/index1.html

it works great, and its a free download....just dont take any more pictures with that card or format the card until you use the program. the pictures are still there (just hidden) until they are over written by new data....

I am sorry to hear about your lost pictures- that would be very upsetting to me since I like to scrapbook all my cruises- I have 2 questions- could you give some ideas for excursions to do in Guatemala and COsta Maya- those are 2 ports we haven't seen before and looking forward to it- we leave Easter Sunday and can't wait- this is my retirement gift from my husband- you can email me at canton 1013@aol.com

Hi,

Like Rita, we are also on the Sun sailing April 8th and need suggestions. We are also recent retirees: Rita, cruising beats working.

Anyone out there, send suggestions for trips (we are not beach or swimming people) to my email address:

netsy165@yahoo.com

synet165

NCL Star June 2005

NCL Dawn April 2006

NCL Sun April 8, 2007

I am sorry to hear about your lost pictures- that would be very upsetting to me since I like to scrapbook all my cruises- I have 2 questions- could you give some ideas for excursions to do in Guatemala and COsta Maya- those are 2 ports we haven't seen before and looking forward to it- we leave Easter Sunday and can't wait- this is my retirement gift from my husband- you can email me at canton 1013@aol.com

No 1013 on AOL! I tried, sry:(

synet check ur email

Archived