Bora Bora Cruises

funforsun

I hope that nep1984 finds this thread. But, this is a quest for knowledge from whoever can provide it.

Questions:

The Boat:

It is hard for me to visualize how small it is compared with the TP. Is there enough space for everyone on board without becoming uncomfortable? I can understand if the boat isn't very full, but in the event it is, I am worried about the public spaces having enough room.

Are there exercise facilities? Treadmill? Sauna? (Dry Heat or Steam)

Are you limited on the amount of water you use in the shower? Do they run out of hot water?

How stable is the boat? Noisy?

Food:

I guess this was really great. How does it compare to the Paul Gaugin?

Check-in/Embarkation/Debarkation:

How easy was this process? Do they provide good information that will make the process simple?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I am thinking of doing this cruise later this year.

Exercise: There is one tiny room for exercise equipment which includes a Concept 2 ergometer/indoor rower and another machine. (forgot what it was though)

Stability: The ship is at anchor most of the day. When it does its late afternoon/sunset cruises, these are all done in the lagoon so there is no rock. The ship only ventures into the ocean at night after everyone is asleep. Here, the ship can get rocky, but I thought it was fun. Usually, I would wake up at the crack of dawn as the ship was entering the lagoon of the next island and watch it from the jacuzzi at the bow of the boat - wonderful.

Water: Never ran out of hot water for me and they did not make me aware of a limit. (The bathrooms were very small, but that was to be expected.)

Food: There are more courses and more choice on the Gauguin. But all the food seemed to be fresher and more island focused on the BBC. Both were great.

Embarkation: Landed at Bora Bora airport where someone was waiting for us. Took a smaller boat to the ship, checked in. No lines. Very very easy as we were the only family at that time checking in.

Archived