How do we get on the first tender boat?

barrymere

Depends on what cruiseline you are on.

We were on the Enchantment. After being told many different things and wasting time in different lines, we just went down to where they were loading the tenders. They would load them with the Ship Sponsored tours, then fill up with those that had private tours booked. Make sure you have some sort of confirmation in hand.

It was very frustrating to get the right answer. The CD was wrong, the tour desk was wrong and the Guest Relations desk was wrong. The Cruise Directors staff were the only ones who knew what was going on as they were the one's loading the tenders.

Enjoy Belize!

On the NCL Sun, ship excursions were first. There were so many that they needed two tenders with no normal passengers. Tender tickets were issued early and the waiting game began. Tender ride in was about 20mins. We booked ours through the ship so we could get off first. The people who went tubing made it in plenty of time but complained about not having enough time ie 1 cave vice 3. $$ is not going to do you any good but you can always ask the tour desk about getting off with them.

We have booked an excursion in Belize City and they want to meet us at the terminal early. How do we get on the first tender boat?

Your tour operator will be waiting whether you are on the 1st tender or the 5th tender.

Obviously, not every cruiser could get on the first tender, so relax. They will be waiting.

We were on the Legend in February and went to Lamanai. Because the excursion is a long one we needed to get off the ship early. This is what we did...

We spoke with the Purser (Carnival Legend) as did other Cruise Critic members on our cruise with independent excursions, and he confirmed that we could get out on the early tenders with the ships excursions as long as we had documentation of an independent tour that started early and could not wait until general tendering.

We got to the meeting place for cruise ship excursions tendering at 7:00am and we were out shortly there after - you have to tell the staff that you need to get out on an early tender. You might have to be politely aggressive to make sure they remember you need to get off. At least this is the way it was on the Carnival Legend.

We all got off the ship with no problem and early. They seemed to have an armada of tenders. Again - this is what WE experienced. Cannot say that the same would be true for all.

Enjoy.

LOL>> I agree...it is physically impossible for everyone to "get on the first tender' <grin>

what I do find MOST helpful is to 1) read the most recent reviews of the particular ship I am going on...(in my case, Glory)

and 2) to find the most recent "Just returned from Glory Western" posts/threads ...and then get ship specific info right from people who were on the ship I will be sailing on....

even other Carnival ships may work it differently....the best best info is when you can ask recent cruisers in a thread just how things worked ...

and as it gets closer to my sailing I will keep looking for the most recent "just got back from Glory" posts...

*this is also the best way to find out the "don't miss" stuff, and other info, like good bands, fun things, etc

Archived