corkage question

We are having some wine delivered (yes, delivered - by an outside company, not smuggled so please no flaming me) to our cabin and I was wondering about having it served at dinner. Do we have the cabin steward send it to the dining room? Can we carry it there ourselves? Does it matter if the bottle is already opened? We will be on the Legend of the Seas. Thank you all in advance.

I just called RCI and asked about the corkage fee since it is no longer on the website. I was just told you may not bring wine on board at all, and the corkage fee has been eliminated alltogether.

My TA's gift for signing up through them was a bottle of wine delivered to the room each night. I asked our waiter if he wouldn't mind my bringing it to dinner and he handled it without mention of a fee. I just brought it into the dining every night and gave it to him.

I'm on the phone right now with Shelly from "Just Because". She just got off the phone with RCCL because they had heard on the CC boards that a rumor was being spread about no more third party alcohol gift services. There is still a relationship between them.

IT'S A RUMOR!!!!

It has been said over and over that you can get multiple answers everytime you call RCI. I would suggest anyone wanting to use any 3rd party service call RCI in advance. I was just told "no" by three different people at RCI.

My TA's gift for signing up through them was a bottle of wine delivered to the room each night. I asked our waiter if he wouldn't mind my bringing it to dinner and he handled it without mention of a fee. I just brought it into the dining every night and gave it to him.
That's because it was purchased through RCI.

Archived