Question about balcony deviders

Talley56

Greetings. We are taking an Alaska Cruise on Golden Princess (Caribe Deck) in May. I was wondering if anybody can help me out with a question. If you have two adjacent balcony rooms, will princess remove the devider or a section of the devider upon request? Should this request be made before sailing or after you get in your room. We appreciate any input that you can give. Thanks

All I appreciate the input on the divider door. JackieB, no I am not DT, just a fan of his. We have season tix for the Bills, but we live about 5.5 hours south in MD. DT played college ball at WVU, my favorite School. Interestingly, he still leads both WVU and the Bills for total career tackles. My wife just told me to point out that we liked DT so much that we named our cat Talley. I may be wrong but I think Daryl lives in Florida. Well, nice to meet you. Go Bills. Thanks again.

In even semi-high winds, the open balcony door can make quite a racket and disturb not only you, but your neighbors as well. Be sure to take something to tie and hold back the open door to help alleviate this situation. We didn't realize this would happen, and ended up "improvising" by tieing the door back with an extension cord (which we threw away afterward, not knowing if it would be safe after being exposed to the elements). Perhaps a bungy cord or rope would help. If it gets windy, it can really be a problem if the door isn't secured, and it's not practical to ask the room steward to open and close the divider. We really loved having the open door between our and our parent's balcony!:)

We used duct tape to keep the door open and it worked fine. No noise for us or our neighbors. The other thing is that if your two rooms are on either side of a fire door then the door between the balconies cannot be opened. At least that is the way it is on the sun class of ships.

Note that on the coral and island, at least there are certain balcony dividers that do not have doors and cannot be removed or opened (I think this is due to structural reasons)... you should check with princess directly if this is improtant to you.

Archived