New Bedding Update On AOS

Hello fellow cruisers! Just got off the phone with RCCL, and they advised me that new bedding on AOS began Feb 25th, and will be finished on April 22nd. This is great news, as our family will be sailing on AOS May 20th!! Nothing like a good nights sleep!

ok kiddies...we get to sail on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S 3-18-07...NEW BEDDING...did i hear new bedding...hope that they get down to the 7th floor by 3-18-07...and if they don't who cares...i've never had any issue'sn with it before...after being inside all winter long just being out in the fresh air puts me out in less then 30 seconds...but the new stuff would be wonderful...

We're on AOS 5/6 & I was all set to request an eggcrate until I stumbled upon this info & hopefully we'll be enjoying a new Serta. Now if we can just snag some bathrobes & pina coladas....

Keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed that most of the AOS will be done by the time we board on 8 April 2007! Nothing like a new comfy mattress but Mike B. you're right....we will be cruising!!! Eggcrates could end up being my friend in my Junior Suite. Woo hooo Junior Suite, I'm sooooooooooo excited can you tell??? Can ya??? 31 days and counting!!! :D :p

We're cruising in June- and looking forward to the new bedding...I just cruised on the Freedom this past December and they had the new bedding obviously--WOW!!! It was sooooooooo niiiiccccceeeee!!! You guys are in for such a treat!!! I wonder if they are also are changing the bedspreads too?? Anyone know?? Just curious. :rolleyes:

Is it easy to get an eggcrate? Is it something you can request ahead of time?

I think you just ask when you arrive. I always just buy my own for less than $10 at Wally World. For ease in packing I buy a twin size and place it across our bed our heads and feet don't need the extra padding! I already have mine for our Adventure cruise 3/18, just in case our cabin has not been upgraded. I expect that this will be the last time I will have to bring an eggcrate along.

The eggcrate toppers squish down to a fraction of their size. Plus, since I just leave it behind, I am sure to have a little extra space in my luggage for any purchases on our return trip home.

I have had the new bedding a couple times now and it is great!!! I am pretty certain that they upgrade the sheets, duvets and pillows at the same time they replace the mattresses.

Archived