Just switched from the vicotry to the Miracle 8 day , Give me info!

Illinoisgal

Hi I just booked a 5a ( with the 4a upgrade promo) on the Miracle 8 day to San Juan, Tortola and St Thomas. I was booked on the Victory so I was researching all that, but 4 more day to the Carribean couldnt be passed up.

So Give me info on the ship, ports hwat not to miss, pointers from crusing out of NY the works!

Hi I just booked a 5a ( with the 4a upgrade promo) on the Miracle 8 day to San Juan, Tortola and St Thomas. I was booked on the Victory so I was researching all that, but 4 more day to the Carribean couldnt be passed up.

So Give me info on the ship, ports hwat not to miss, pointers from crusing out of NY the works!

I am sailing on the Miracle too, June 4th. This will be my first "real" cruise. Other two were just cruises to nowhere. I live in NY and if you need any help with stuff to do here, just ask. As for the ports that the Miracle will go to. In San Juan we are just going to tour Old San Juan on our own. We are going to take a taxi up to El Morro and then stroll down through the streets of Old San Juan and stop for some drinks and apps at The Parrot Club. In St. Thomas we are booked with Sunny Liston's tour. It costs $25 p/p and he takes you to the downtown Main St. shopping area for either a 1, 2, or 3 hr stop, then sightseeing of St. Thomas and then your choice of Sapphire Beach, Magen's Bay or Coki Beach. In Tortola we are booked with Carnival's Bath's tour. I am sure there are many experienced cruisers who can help you with the Miracle and the islands.

As far as sailaway in NYC. It is a sight to behold if you have never been here. You will see the NY skyline, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and sail right under the Verazzano Bridge with only a foot or two clearance to spare. :eek: Best skyline in the world if you ask me, but I'm biased cause I have lived here my whole life. :D

Enjoy your cruise, you will have a blast. :D

Hey sandi we are on the same cruise how cool. Do you recommend renting a car for the sat we arrive thrU Mon or is that just o big of a hassle?

We will have our 8 year old with us, and plan on seeing some dino museam on Long Island. Is the pier easyt to get to and navagate? How far away is it from the Syosset area? We were told not to stay to near Islip.

You can help me with Ny and I can help with crusing as this is our 4th on Carnival

Misfit26.jpg She's a GREAT ship

Thanks that is a wonderful picture!

ps sorry everyone I am so excited to switch i can spell but obviously not type well this evening.

What about Nick and Nora's , I feel it is a must do! Is the spa shower/hot tub as wonderful as I hope? Any secret spots etc

Hey sandi we are on the same cruise how cool. Do you recommend renting a car for the sat we arrive thrU Mon or is that just o big of a hassle?

We will have our 8 year old with us, and plan on seeing some dino museam on Long Island. Is the pier easyt to get to and navagate? How far away is it from the Syosset area? We were told not to stay to near Islip.

You can help me with Ny and I can help with crusing as this is our 4th on Carnival

Hiya Illinoisgal, I have a Roll call thread on the Miracle board, if you want to join in.

With regard to renting a car, I say don't do it. Way too expensive to park the car, if you want to see the sights. You can't just stop and park. Barely any parking in the city and the lots and garages are very expensive. Just hop on the subway or if you don't want to do that, take a cab around town (which of course will cost you more than the subway). The pier is not near Syosset. Syosset is on Long Island in Nassau County about 45-60 minute drive into the city depending on traffic. Are you staying in Syosset? If you are hop on the Long Island Railroad and take it to Penn Station. You can get many different subway lines from there.

Any more questions, just ask. :D

Thanks that is a wonderful picture!

ps sorry everyone I am so excited to switch i can spell but obviously not type well this evening.

What about Nick and Nora's , I feel it is a must do! Is the spa shower/hot tub as wonderful as I hope? Any secret spots etc

I tweaked our Glory T-shirt design to make one for your NY cruise.......if you all want to use it, just buy transfer paper for your printer....reverse the image.........print and iron on. If you have a better slogan, let me know and I'll tweak the font.:D

home.h14.jpg click to enlarge.

Archived