Kids Drinks. ect

dwic02

Does anyone know what is available for kids to drink? With or without the prepaid drink card?

Also, On the Jewel, which is freestyle cruising, can women wear capri pants to the restaraunts on board, or are they considered shorts?

Thirdly, do you have to make reservations for dinner every night?

Does anyone know what is available for kids to drink? With or without the prepaid drink card?

Other than the soda's (with or without the drink card), there are juices in the morning, water, and tea. I don't know what age yours are or what you're specifically looking for. If it's something like koolaide and such, I'd suggest possibly bringing on your own juice box drinks or koolaide if none of these are sufficient. I can't imagine toddlers drinking soda and tea all day, but there must be someone who can answer about something else.

Also, On the Jewel, which is freestyle cruising, can women wear capri pants to the restaraunts on board, or are they considered shorts?

Completely appropriate. It's what I wear most often and easy to dress up or down.

Thirdly, do you have to make reservations for dinner every night?

No reservations are necessary at any of the main restaurants, buffets, etc. Reservations are only required for the surcharge restaurants (merely more dining options) and certain restaurants that are not surcharge but may require a reservation. Such as the italian restaurant. All of your dining options and the one's requiring reservations and surcharges will be listed on the back of your freestyle you'll get each evening.

Enjoy!:)

My child is 12 years old, she is asking about fruit drinks, lemonade, juices. are they included in the price of a drink card?:D

They used to be but are no longer included. I know they have a smoothie card for kids (non alcoholic of course). Again, you could always get a few of your own in plastic bottles and pack to bring along, get at the port of departure, or ports of call. And again, someone else may know more about the juices than I. Other than at breakfast, and possibly ordering from room service, I'm not sure what else is available.

About that soda card...I do plan to get one for my son, who's a soda-holic. My question is though isn't soda included as a beverage with meals (I'm talking regular restaurants here)? No, I'm not thinking of filling up a canteen at dinner but I'm assuming I, or my daughter, can have a soda at mealtime and not have to pay for it, right?

You're charged for sodas no matter what time of day, no matter whether with a meal or not.

Juices are free in the mornings, after that they're considered a drink mixer and they charge for them. DH and I simply loaded up on juices in the morning and brought them to our room so we could use them the rest of the day.

Any chance your daughter would enjoy iced tea? No charge for that.

HTH!

Teri

What we ended up doing on our last cruise was getting the Crystal light to go. All you order is a glass of water then mix the juice mix in the glass.

This also worked well for in ports as we would fill up our water bottle on board and add our own juice mix. The drink powder to go is much easier then stocking up on juice boxes

Just a suggestion.

On the Pearl, you can go to the Garden Cafe all day long and get water, iced tea, orange juice, apple juice and coffee. There was even a cappuccino maker towards the back, by the Kids Cafe.

The Crystal Light To Go's are a great invention. We took a 24 pack of water on board, and would've used the to-go packs if we brought them.

We will be on the Dawn. My husband and son have no problem with soda, so they'll get the sticker. My 10 year old likes apple juice and other fruit juices...we can only get them at no extra charge at breakfast? What about for lunch or dinner in the dining rooms? I can see paying extra for alcohol and soda, but fruit juices?? Is this correct?

Any chance your daughter would enjoy iced tea? No charge for that.

Teri

LOL She won't go thirsty, she's a milk drinker so if worst comes to worse she can have that. I'm really only asking for budgeting purposes, since this is the case I'll probably go ahead and get her a soda card, I just think it probably wouldn't have paid for itself if she was only drinking soda with her meals.

LOVE the powdered "To Go" mix idea, I'll be picking some of those up for sure! BTW, Celestial Seasonings has just come out with a powdered, naturally sweetened ice tea "to go" product called "Zingers To Go".

Archived