obstructed views - help please

ais1951

Has anyone stayed in any of the following cabins on either crown princess or caribbean princess: All are on Emerald deck 414, 327, 321 322, 506, 319, 508. I have been told by princess that the deck plans of the lifeboats are not to scale. Also cabin 414 which looks good on the plan is by the lifts and the doors. Could this be a problem? Do the lifeboats swing about at night and bang. Sorry so many questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have cruised before but normally go for an ordinary outside. Unfortunately I have left it late so there is not a lot of choice. I intend to go on the Emerald which i believe is the same as crown and caribbean.

We were on Caribbean Princess last June and our TA told us that our cabin, I think it was Emerald 228 had an "obstructed view". Our view was perfect. Granted, there were lifeboats on either side of our window, but we could see fine, with no obstruction in our window. She explained that the pics of the deck plans are not to scale. It's not always easy to tell by them. We were pretty close to an elevator too and experienced no problems with noise at all. As for the lifeboats, moving around and making noise, again, not at all!! Hope this helps!

Patti:)

414 seemsto have the least obstructed view. The lifeboats do not swing.

Many of the obstructed view cabins may be onstructed by something other than a lifeboat - could be a beam or even something as little as rope. I've been in some that had virtually no obstruction.

Hi Debbie - it looks like you need to pay to become a member. Is it worth it. Not sure if you can join from the UK though. Or maybe I was doing something wrong on the web site. Thanks.

I just went and checked - you can get all the details on the NCL or Norweigian ships but not on the Princess ships without joining - sorry!! Is it worth it? Not sure - it depends on if it helped get a better view. The BEST answer I got on how obstructed a view was and the most accruate was when I called the cruise line directly and asked specifically how obstructed they are - they should have it on their system and it would be worth asking - I almost got an obstructed balcony last cruise - obstructed by 75% so glad I knew ahead of time... I noticed a lot of the Princess ones seem to be 100% obstructed - I ended up booking an inside instead of paying for a little light in the room - hope I don't regret it. Also look at what is under the Emerald deck - on the Emerald ship it is a club and other night hot spots which will be noisey at night under your cabin. You might want to check out the cat "I" inside cabins by the back pool if available - they supposedly have a door that goes right out to the pool which would be a better location (to me) than an obstructed view on top of a disco... Sorry so long.. Debbie

Gosh you guys out there are so clever - I was so involved about whether there was a lifeboat in front of the window that I didnt give any thought to the noise that I could get from under the cabin. I think I shall have to give all this a lot of thought. I have had an inside before but for the cruise i want to do Im told there are none left. Thanks everyone for your help. This is a really great web site.

We have stayed in E416 which had the little leader boat outside the window and could see up, down, left, and right. No noise from under the cabin either. If you do a search on the forum, you will find the pic that I posted of your view and the cabin next door. Also I have found the deck plans to be quite accurate to the room. I use a picture and count rooms to see what cabin might be the best. I stay away from the rear of the boat on the Emerald deck due to those are tenders and will take up the majority of your window.

go to www.cruisedeckplans.com and put your ship and cabin in and it will tell you how obstructed it is... for instance 40%.... Debbie

:o I clicked on the above address, can find the deck, couldn't find where to enter cabin number, so clicked on the diagram, but got no information on obstruction. What am I doing wrong? I'm just joined the cruisedeckplan page and I couldn't find distinct instructions. Please help. Thanks

We have E703, E705, E421 and E417. Would love to know how obstructed these are. Has anyone stayed in these??? thanks

Go to search and put in E416 and you will see a picture that is just like E417 - one is starboard and one is portside. Its the room we stayed in. The 700's are back where the large tenders are - less light and less view.

We were on the Crown in cabin E631 which is an obstucted oceanview. The view straight ahead and to the right were unobstructed. The view to the left was obstructed by the last life boat on the starboard side. All of the life boats are held securely in place with no swing to them at all.

Steve

Archived