How far is the port from the airport?

Fun~N~Sun

Thanks, now the second part of my question and excuse me if this sounds strange. Should I fly into Miami or FLL? I have read here that some prefer to fly to FLL and then get transport to Miami or am I mistaken? :rolleyes:

Thanks, now the second part of my question and excuse me if this sounds strange. Should I fly into Miami or FLL? I have read here that some prefer to fly to FLL and then get transport to Miami or am I mistaken? :rolleyes:

If airfare is cheaper to Ft. Lauderdale then it can be worth flying there. The transfer is longer and more expensive however. But for a family of four say, if you save $50/ticket that adds up to $200.

If you are sailing from Miami and airfare is the same or similar to both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale it makes no sense to fly to Ft. Lauderdale, and vice-versa.

I'm just thinking it is probably cheaper to fly into FLL as opposed to MIA. Anyone have any experience flying from BWI to one of these airports? I haven't checked prices yet but plan to soon. Since I am not a real experienced flyer either (never booked on my own only through Carnival or through friends) how far in advance do you recommend booking flights?

I'm just thinking it is probably cheaper to fly into FLL as opposed to MIA. Anyone have any experience flying from BWI to one of these airports? I haven't checked prices yet but plan to soon. Since I am not a real experienced flyer either (never booked on my own only through Carnival or through friends) how far in advance do you recommend booking flights?

Anybody have any answers or thoughts?:rolleyes:

Yes all the time. I can tell you that you will pay less for a flight out of IAD Washington Dulles, then out of Baltimore. I live in Central PA but I have been known to drive to Washington Dulles cause it is much cheaper than flying out of Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

I start looking at prices asap....then I see if they start to come down. If not, I book.

It has always been cheaper for us to fly into FLL and take a cab/van to Miami. Much faster than cruise line transfers for sure as you have to wait for a bus to fill. You have to check to see if this is true for you. We don't us the cruise line air ever, after the first cruise when we were about the last ones on and it cost three times as much. I always use Travelocity or the like asap to start tracking the price (than go to the air lines web site to book). With one exception, I have usually gotten the best (or close to it) price about four months out. This was the recomendation of my old TA.

Yes all the time. I can tell you that you will pay less for a flight out of IAD Washington Dulles, then out of Baltimore. I live in Central PA but I have been known to drive to Washington Dulles cause it is much cheaper than flying out of Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

I start looking at prices asap....then I see if they start to come down. If not, I book.

I figured that it was probably cheaper to fly out of Dulles but I am just not familiar with that airport at all. I am about the same distance from Dulles as I am from BWI so that is not an issue. I'll just have to keep checking but I think I will definitely opt to go with booking my own air as oppsed to going through Carnival.

Archived