Difference between Grand and Sister Ships

ourlol

I am thinking of making a booking on the Grand for the Med/Greek Isles in July 2005. Having sailed on both the Golden and Star - I'm wondering what differences there are (if any) between the ships.

I realise the Grand is the oldest, and is going into dry dock later this year to be refurbished, but I'm not sure whether I read that the atrium is different (and not as nice), and that there is a staircase missing somewhere?

I realise that a cruise on any of the ships will be wonderful, but I will have some first time cruisers with me... so can I expect any noticeable differences?

My thanks in advance.

You might notice that the atrium on the Grand is a little on the plain side. As mentioned, the midships stairway is closed off to passenger use on the Grand except on Decks 5, 6, & 7. Instead of one very large Grand suite in the stern, the Grand has two GS suites on the Lido Deck.

I am thinking of making a booking on the Grand for the Med/Greek Isles in July 2005. Having sailed on both the Golden and Star - I'm wondering what differences there are (if any) between the ships.

I realise the Grand is the oldest, and is going into dry dock later this year to be refurbished, but I'm not sure whether I read that the atrium is different (and not as nice), and that there is a staircase missing somewhere?

I realise that a cruise on any of the ships will be wonderful, but I will have some first time cruisers with me... so can I expect any noticeable differences?

My thanks in advance.

Here is a link where you can find all types of photos to see the Grand Princess. http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/grandprincess.htm

I have been on all 3 Grand Class and besides the stairwell there are no hot stone beds in the spa, which are so heavenly on the Star Sapphire and Diamond.

Also the nightclub is laid out a bit different on the Grand. It has bar like seating on the aft side.

Also my closet was much smaller on the Grand, which was an outside obstucted. Not sure if it was just the cabin I was in or not. I have been on the Golden outside and balcony, and Star, mini, balcony, and inside and all of the closets were easily 2 feet longer.

Other than that I can not think of anything else. It is a great ship and once the dry dock is completed it will surely be sparkling as new.

Archived