Help! Custom Air not available!?

SpringBreakMom

When I originally booked our Venice to Barcelona cruise for this June I also booked the air through Celebrity. I was anticipating being able to find a better fare myself and then cancelling air portion. Since I haven't been able to find any decent flights myself to match the price, I decided to try the custom air option and see what they had to offer. The answer - nothing!

After spending quite some time with a helpful gentleman on the phone, I was told that there were no flights available for my return flight from Barcelona for custom air. I had noticed when looking for flights myself that there is not a lot of choice in this area. However, I do have air already booked so they must have seats on something.

Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this, or have any suggestions? I really don't want to wind up on the flight from **** that lasts 24 hours and has four layovers.

Availability for custom air changes day to day. Last summer I was looking for flights for custom air to LAX from JFK. There was nothing available at a decent price. Three weeks later I tried again and had no problem. While your flight may be more difficult because it is international, I wouldn't give up just yet.

Good Luck

We are booked Venice to Barcelona in May. I just made our plane reservations because I got scare of all the price increases. I don't know where you are originating, but I found lots of flights out of Barcelona.

Try http://www.cheaptickets.com I talked to my travel agent and he said that he has never heard of trouble with them. It is always more expensive to fly into and out of different airports.

Availability for custom air changes day to day. Last summer I was looking for flights for custom air to LAX from JFK. There was nothing available at a decent price. Three weeks later I tried again and had no problem. While your flight may be more difficult because it is international, I wouldn't give up just yet.

Good Luck

This was true for us as well....custom air could not help me at first and I kept on calling and finally the airline released more seats for the flight I wanted and we only had to pay $10 more.

Unfortuanately, I think you are starting to late to customize air for an international flight in the summer. The flight they have you booked on is probably better than you think...did you ask what airlines they usually use for that route? Just a reminder with the deviation fee waived for select and above pax many people set up their air very early.

Enjoy your cruise........

I booked on Mercury for November, Honolulu to Auckland, my CC status allows me Custom Air. without a special fee. So I asked for a flight out of the International Airport 35 miles from my home, and Business class air on the flight back from Auckland due to the length of flight. No other requests .

First,

Custom Air Dept demanded request from TA in writing. so and E mail was sent. Answer was it would take 4 WEEKS to process the request

Second,

Two days later another E Mail from Celebrity said that the time was now 7 WEEKS to process the request.

When other problems arose with Celebrity booking (Hotel was a mess due to "remodelling construction which began in SEPT 2006 and was not due to end until DEC 2007) I cancelled the whole trip. waiting 7 weeks to know price and possibility of air booking plus paying almost $300 for one night for one person to stay on a "construction site" was not my idea of "being treated famously"

How can Celebrity be so stupid as to treat loyal repeat passengers this way ?

When I originally booked our Venice to Barcelona cruise for this June I also booked the air through Celebrity. I was anticipating being able to find a better fare myself and then cancelling air portion. Since I haven't been able to find any decent flights myself to match the price, I decided to try the custom air option and see what they had to offer. The answer - nothing!

After spending quite some time with a helpful gentleman on the phone, I was told that there were no flights available for my return flight from Barcelona for custom air. I had noticed when looking for flights myself that there is not a lot of choice in this area. However, I do have air already booked so they must have seats on something.

Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this, or have any suggestions? I really don't want to wind up on the flight from **** that lasts 24 hours and has four layovers.

When you request custom air from a cruiseline, they are doing the same thing that you have already done. Looking for availability on the flights you want. If you found nothing, they will not be able to. With the air that you originally booked, you will have seats, but maybe not on the exact flights that you are wanting.

We have our custom air one way with flight numbers for our 11/18/07 Med cruise. Our TA got the results in just a day after I told her what airlines I would fly or rather what airlines I wouldn't fly and where I would like to connect. I would rather connect in Europe as there are more planes going to our final destination from there than flights from the US to Europe in case luggage is delayed.

Archived