windsurf Apr.1/07 northbound

stewcruiser

Can anyone who has done this cruise tell me if it is possible to get on foot to any towns/villages or other points of interest on St. Lucia when we anchor at Pigeon Island? Alternately are cabs readily available if we aren't taking one of the ship's excursions and we want to explore?

You will not be able to walk to anything from Pigeon Island except an adjacent Sandals resort (and I do not know if they allow day visitors) and a fort. There are, however, many taxis available outside of the park to take you wherever you wish to go. Have fun. St. Lucia is one of my favorite places!!

Just back, at from pigeon bay on March 2, 2007. Cabs are right there and readily available at the park. The water cab I saw you would not want to take, or maybe you would, he lit up a joint right at the beach as he listened to the ships provided steel band.

You can walk to Sandals and word of advice, just walk in with your bathing suit on and act like you belong...we did and were thought to be Sandals guests. Anyone we talked to who stopped at the desk were told it was 100$ to just look at the property and not even use the facilities. We had a fabulous couple hours there at the swim up bar and sitting out on the water deck.

Archived