Valor Questions

We are sailing on the Valor in September. We have never been on a Carnival ship before. If anyone can answer these questions, I would appreciate it.

1. What nights are the formal nights?

2. Is it true you can make reservations for the supper club prior to sailing?

3. If anyone has cruised on RCCL Navigator and the Valor, how do you compare them.

Thanks for your help.

1 - OK, the Valor cruise I did was not the same itinerary as the Sept sailings but our formal nights were the 2 at sea days

2 - Supper Club on board only

3 - I haven't been on the Nav but was on the AOS (same class). The Valor and AOS were uniquely different. I certainly liked some things about the AOS like the Promenade and the adults only pool but the Valor was nice in it's own right. You won't get the rock wall, the mini-golf, the Johnny Rockets, the ice skating and the open promenade but the Valor has it's own places that I liked.

So much so that I am booked on her again on Sept 16.

AOS was nice but something drew me back to Carnival...

We are going Sept 9th, with our 2 sons ages 8 and 16. Was the supper club worth it ? Never taken a 7 day before, how are the sea days ? Any inside tips ? Hear the Fish and Chip place and deli are great.

Thanks!

1. Formal Night was Monday and Friday on the Eastern route. I have no idea if it's different on the Western Route.

2. I have no idea if you can make reservations prior to sailing, but I can tell you it's 100% worth it to go to the supper club. Best meal we had on the ship. Loved it. would do it again in a heartbeat.

3. I was on the RCCL Voyager twice (same class of ship), and I love both for different reasons. Loved the layout of Voyager. Loved the activites on board the Valor, but also really liked the ship.

I hope that helps :)

Wow, it's been so long...it will all come back to me when I get on the Glory this Saturday...

One thing that people say is a pro is the Spa volunteer. My wife went up and volunteered but they didn't have any one else offer...so she basically got 3 or 4 facials for free but consecutively HOWEVER, we were in one of those 3rd hallway on the Upper deck inside rooms and she couldn't find her way back to the room after the demonstration was over. They wouldn't let her leave until the muster sirens actually went off and then she had to scramble back to the room and try to find it. She is normally navigationally challenged anyway and this didn't help...

She came back crying thinking I was going to leave her behind without her S&S card (yeah, she didn't take that either - no pockets) to get into the room and having no idea where the muster station was. I was nice, I stayed. :)

I did find it much more difficult to get a chair anywhere on the pool deck on the sea days so get out there early...

Service was very good all around except I really didn't see my room stewart too much but he did keep the room nice and clean.

We were on the Valor 2/18/07-2/24/07 We went with a large group my kids are 10, 14 and 16. We ALL loved it. My kids said it was something they will never forget. They met many new friends who they still keep in contact with. If I had to dig deep for any complaints it would be the tender process. I read it on the boards but saw first hand that it doesn't really matter if you are booked with a Carnival excursion or not go down early to get on the tender. Again it wasn't awful but we learned quickly. Another tip. We had 2 rooms. My Sign and Sail card and my husbands were the only ones we allowed credit on. The problem was that my key was to my kids room so the first day I switched keys with my daughter that was until she misplaced it. What we ended up doing was going to the Pursers desk and asking for a key for my room with my name as well as my daughters with her name-this way we each could get into our own rooms. (I know sounds confusing). We miss it sooo much. Have a great time. Believe it or not we didn't get to Fish and Chips, my favorite was the NY style deli and their Ruben Sandwiches.

We are going Sept 9th, with our 2 sons ages 8 and 16. Was the supper club worth it ? Never taken a 7 day before, how are the sea days ? Any inside tips ? Hear the Fish and Chip place and deli are great.

Thanks!

My daughter & husband, and my son & wife had planned to do the Supper Club, but were so happy with the dining room that they never booked it.

Sea days are a time to recuperate from shore days! We sat by the pool early in the morning; gave up our chairs later when the sun got too hot. And then,....there is always eating! The french fries from the aft Lido deck Grill are really good!! Never did try the Pizza.

Can't tell you, exactly, what we did. But, we were never bored.

Frankly, some of the activities weren't much.....theTrivia games were almost a joke! They focused on TV, Entertainment, Songs; and asked the same questions on many of them. We won the last one because different "entertainment staff" had hosted various ones, so didn't know what the others had already asked.

One activity that the women (and some men) enjoyed was the "Towel folding". Really fun, and informative.

Fish & Chips.....I love Fish & Chips and had heard so much about it, so headed for it the first full day at sea. The chips were good....I thought the fish was "soft", "mushy", "funny texture"....I never went back.

New York Deli......LOVED IT!! Unfortunately, I never got beyond the grilled Reuben (had it for lunch, at least, 3 or more times). But, they had several other things on the menu that looked really good!!

The only "inside tip" that I can add is that if you want a good view from the bow for pictures, etc., as you are entering or exiting a harbor, go down the (whatever) left side of Deck 9 to the door that takes you out onto a deck. Gives you lots of open space to see what is going on.

I've sailed Valor & Navigator.

Navigator wins HANDS DOWN!

Much more elegant in design.

Wrap around exterior Promenade deck.

Ice rink and show is incredible!

Aft cabins have HUGE decks!

Johnny Rockets is cool.

Royal Promenade is very unique.

Walkout on the bow!

This class of ship has many things other lines just can't touch.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Valor...it's nice too.

I just prefer Navigator...ship wise. Fish & Chips place was cool.

Lindy Hop was cool. Rosies is really HUGE! Cabin spacious, beds comfy.

I haven't been on a ship I didn't like. Valor is a great ship too.

Archived