Is SilverSea gay friendly?

rplindsay

My partner and I are planning on booking a cruise Jan.6 2005 from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso on the SilverWind and were just wondering what this cruise line is like in terms of its "gay friendliness." Also, any other FODs on this cruise?

Please write how your trip was. I have heard that the line is either nuetral or gay friendly...at those prices they should be. I love Radisson myself. I toured the Whisper with my TA while docked in Philly........because I was interested in trying them. The ship was very quiet in appearance as well as atmosphere. The crew did not smile....seemed unfriendly and there was nothing that jumped out and told me to book. The district sales manager was with us and the servers in the bar looked board.....would I sail them..no. But then again I was a guest on board and not sailing with them......its just did not seem a warm and inviting environment.

please write about your experience....perhaps I will reconsider in the future. In the mean time I am booking with Radisson for this year Paul Gauguin and next year on their Diamond sailing in the Med. Also considering the Seabourn Pride for Dec 2005 to hit Venezuela.

Best wishes on your voyage

My partner and I recently got off the Silver Shadow, (my review is floating around CC somewhere).

I'd say it's very neutral. We never felt uncomfortable, conversely we never felt welcomed.

We've been on both Radisson and Seabourn and felt very welcome there. Service on SilverSea (IMHO) is impeccable yet impersonal.

Craig

My partner and I are planning on booking a cruise Jan.6 2005 from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso on the SilverWind and were just wondering what this cruise line is like in terms of its "gay friendliness." Also, any other FODs on this cruise?

My partner and I sailed on SILVER CLOUD through the Mediterranean. We found Silversea to be very gay friendly. At Silversea prices no one is discriminated against onboard. Our Cruise Director was gay and we had dinner with him on several occasions. He introduced us to other gay staff onboard. As far as the passengers, I think there was one or two other gay couples onboard but we never really came in contact with them. The passengers we did hang out with were wonderful. Well traveled, down to earth, fun loving, and eclectic. We danced, drank, and generally had a great time.

Silversea was by far my best cruise experience (in terms of style, food, and service) to date. It was simply like being at a Ritz Carlton for two weeks. I can't wait to return.

Have a fantastic time, be yourself, and don't worry for even a moment about what other people think about you being gay.

Ernie

ps - here is a link to pictures from the Silversea cruise:

http://public.fotki.com/eroller/silver_cloud_6-8-2002/

• 1 year later...

I can only echo what eroller says above.....I spent a wonderful week on the Cloud in Spetember.

Service was friendly, impeccable and understated....there was no fuss about anything.

My partner & I have already booked for a 2 week crossing on the same ship in April.

I think it really comes down the Captain and staff at the time you sail. The Captain sets the tone, and you can have a happy crew or not. Eroller had a gay CD who I am sure was happy to have some fun guests to pal around with :)

On Royal Caribbean, I have had the best and the absoluite worst gay friendly experiences.. and it absolutely came down to the staff on board... - and the make up of your fellow passengers (which is totally luck of the draw) - not necessarily the entire line itself.

You're certainly not going to have a bad time on SilverSea.. and you might actually have an experience like E-roller.

Archived