My PVP.....what to do??

mprucha

Our pvp was really good with us and even went out of his way to help my parents when they decided to book on the same cruise because they had some special needs we had to work out. However, it seems he has something going on in his life or something because in the last 2 weeks, he's been rude and sharp and it seems now that we've all completely paid off the cruise and excursions, etc that he isn't very interested in helping us anymore. In fact, the other day I actually called him with the intention of booking another cruise for just my DH and I and I ended up not booking it because he didn't seem interested in taking the time to help me find one that had a wrap around or kind of suite I wanted. I didn't want to see him get the commission from it. If we ask for another PVP now, does he still get the commission from this cruise? Will they ask for reasons? I've seen other threads where people said to switch if you aren't happy with them. Can they give me some idea of how things went when they switched?

We also had a pvp that wasn't helpful and kept insisting that we book with him. I went on Cruise Compete and the quote was $159 less. When I next talked to the pvp he kept insisting that we could have that category on any deck but the price would still be $159 each more. Would never book with him after his tirade about how could we do such a thing. I'm beginning to wonder if pvp's are centralized or scattered around U.S. When I called RC about a different cruise the rep was in Kansas! Next it will be India calling, lol.

If You're Not Happy I Can Recommend My Pvp. Just Let Me Know. What Pvp Are You Dealing With Now?

It's against the guidelines to mention TA's and PVP names on this board...

OP, just call and ask for a supervisor and tell them you want a new PVP... or just call Carnival and book with anyone... if you didn't book with the PVP, he wouldn't get the credit for the booking.

If You're Not Happy I Can Recommend My Pvp. Just Let Me Know. What Pvp Are You Dealing With Now?

You can't post any names of PVP's or TA's on these boards. You posts will be pulled.

When we booked our cruise that we took this past Feb., we already had a PVP that was assigned to us after our 1st cruise. Well, we decided to book, called the number, and a person took the booking right then. (We thought we would be transferred to her or something) It was not the person that was assigned to us. When I saw that she had messed up the booking, I tried several times to call her back and never could seem to get her, so I just called and took whoever happened to answer the phone. I was trying to find out if hotel packages were open for 2007 at the time, they had not opened up. This lady told me to keep checking back every week, that they should be open soon. Well, tried calling her, then she would never return my calls, so once again, I opted for whoever took the call. I was told when I called that the bookings had just opened up that morning, but there were none available for a pre-night stay in Lauderdale, that I would have to spend the night in Miami and be transferred to Lauderdale the day of the cruise. I declined and decided to try for the hotel on our own. Then I thought about it, and told myself as much as we were paying, there should be a pre-night available, and I shouldn't have to go through all of this. I called the number back and asked for a Supervisor. Got one, and told her what all I had been through. Funny, she was able to book the pre-night in Lauderdale as I had requested, with the flights to match the date. I tried calling the PVP that was assigned to us, and she had told me that she couldn't discuss anything about pricing and that she could not have anything to do with our booking and she could not make any changes to it. She also told us that when we called to book, that they should have referred us on over to her, they didn't. She did tell us she would answer any questions otherwise that she could. My question was, if I could give my booking number to any tom dick or harry that answered the phone, and they could help, why couldn't she? :confused: We even went as far as her talking to her supervisor to see if she could take over our booking at our request, being as how the person that originally took the booking had an extension # that was no longer valid, and the answer was no.:confused: I couldn't figure that one out either, and what made it even stranger was I noticed a price drop, called the number again, and got onboard credit from yet another person in a matter of minutes. Go figure.

We took our cruise, we had a ball, and we have booked this next one through the lady that was assigned to us to begin with, and so far, couldn't be happier with her. So, what do ya have to go through to have it changed from 1 PVP to another? Don't know. Through my experience, I guess I could say, call the number, give whoever answers your booking number, and go from there, if ya don't get a good vibe from them, keep trying until you find someone ya like. Now, if you booked from an on-line TA, or a local TA, and want to transfer the booking to carnival, that's probably a whole other ballgame that I'm unsure of the rules on. Good luck is all I can say, and I hope you don't have all the trouble I did.

If you book thru a Carnival PVP you can than change your booking to your own TA. But, in the past at least you can't change from a TA to a Carnival PVP. I used a home based TA. Loved her and the parent Company. She is always at her number and doesn't get replaced on me:)

When we booked our cruise that we took this past Feb., we already had a PVP that was assigned to us after our 1st cruise. Well, we decided to book, called the number, and a person took the booking right then. (We thought we would be transferred to her or something) It was not the person that was assigned to us. When I saw that she had messed up the booking, I tried several times to call her back and never could seem to get her, so I just called and took whoever happened to answer the phone. I was trying to find out if hotel packages were open for 2007 at the time, they had not opened up. This lady told me to keep checking back every week, that they should be open soon. Well, tried calling her, then she would never return my calls, so once again, I opted for whoever took the call. I was told when I called that the bookings had just opened up that morning, but there were none available for a pre-night stay in Lauderdale, that I would have to spend the night in Miami and be transferred to Lauderdale the day of the cruise. I declined and decided to try for the hotel on our own. Then I thought about it, and told myself as much as we were paying, there should be a pre-night available, and I shouldn't have to go through all of this. I called the number back and asked for a Supervisor. Got one, and told her what all I had been through. Funny, she was able to book the pre-night in Lauderdale as I had requested, with the flights to match the date. I tried calling the PVP that was assigned to us, and she had told me that she couldn't discuss anything about pricing and that she could not have anything to do with our booking and she could not make any changes to it. She also told us that when we called to book, that they should have referred us on over to her, they didn't. She did tell us she would answer any questions otherwise that she could. My question was, if I could give my booking number to any tom dick or harry that answered the phone, and they could help, why couldn't she? :confused: We even went as far as her talking to her supervisor to see if she could take over our booking at our request, being as how the person that originally took the booking had an extension # that was no longer valid, and the answer was no.:confused: I couldn't figure that one out either, and what made it even stranger was I noticed a price drop, called the number again, and got onboard credit from yet another person in a matter of minutes. Go figure.

We took our cruise, we had a ball, and we have booked this next one through the lady that was assigned to us to begin with, and so far, couldn't be happier with her. So, what do ya have to go through to have it changed from 1 PVP to another? Don't know. Through my experience, I guess I could say, call the number, give whoever answers your booking number, and go from there, if ya don't get a good vibe from them, keep trying until you find someone ya like. Now, if you booked from an on-line TA, or a local TA, and want to transfer the booking to carnival, that's probably a whole other ballgame that I'm unsure of the rules on. Good luck is all I can say, and I hope you don't have all the trouble I did.

after all that I would be discouraged from using a PVP. Why go through all that and pay extra money on top of it.

Bill

Mprucha - Sorry your PVP isn't working for you. If he was really that rude, you need to call a PVP Supervisor - explain the situation and his rudeness, which was uncalled for. He needs to be reported for his attitude.

All you need to do to book a future cruise is call Carnival and ask for a PVP. There's nothing that says you have to use the same one over and over.

PVPs do NOT work on commission. They are well paid, and work on incentives. The PVP I used for a few cruises was promoted to corporate office. She explained the system to me. The one I have now is just as good.

Keep trying till you find one you're comfortable with.:)

Hi Bubbles - Here is what my PVP told me about their "system". If you call the 1-800 number a "CVP" Carnival Vacation Planner answers the phone. If you book with a CVP you can call the 1-800 number and talk to any CVP any time and they can help you with anything related to your booking.

A "PVP" is a Personal Vacation Planner. If you book with a PVP, the PVP is supposed to handle all of your booking questions and they cannot transfer a booking from a CVP to a PVP or from a PVP to another PVP.

Weird I know, but this is what I was told. Based on your story - it sounds like you originally talked to a CVP - and you are right - once you have talked with one it is almost impossible to get to the same CVP person again. (I think this is because a CVP works in a call center environment taking mosting incoming calls)

I have a PVP that I am very pleased with. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I never had any intention of mentioning the name on here and I appreciate those of you who sent me names of your pvp's that you found really great!

Would love to have shared the name of my PVP; however, for anyone's info - CC rules say that not only can we not post names and numbers of agents, PVPs, agencies, etc. .....but we're also not suppose to ask for emails or volunteer to email anyone about a 'name' or ext.#.

(I know you didn't do that...but for others who aren't aware of the rules, it would be good to read them.) Just an FYI.:)

Hi Bubbles - Here is what my PVP told me about their "system". If you call the 1-800 number a "CVP" Carnival Vacation Planner answers the phone. If you book with a CVP you can call the 1-800 number and talk to any CVP any time and they can help you with anything related to your booking.

A "PVP" is a Personal Vacation Planner. If you book with a PVP, the PVP is supposed to handle all of your booking questions and they cannot transfer a booking from a CVP to a PVP or from a PVP to another PVP.

Weird I know, but this is what I was told. Based on your story - it sounds like you originally talked to a CVP - and you are right - once you have talked with one it is almost impossible to get to the same CVP person again. (I think this is because a CVP works in a call center environment taking mosting incoming calls)

I have a PVP that I am very pleased with. Hope this helps. :)

I have a PVP now, that so far we are pleased with, and thanks for clearing that up for me, they never mentioned the CVP vs the PVP thing at all, it does kind of make sense now. Our PVP is great so far. :)

:confused: Pay extra on top of it?:confused: Ya lost me there

When I use my TA she discounts the price of the cruise over and above all the sale , past guest, and other relevant discounts available to me. You can only use one Carnival discount but whatever happens to be in effect at the time of my booking. She then gives up some of her commission. She charges no fees whatsoever and is always back to me the same day when I email her for something.

Bill

Archived