RE: Sailing Tues and Storm Coming

doolange

Helllo everyone! I'm leaving Tuesday on the Legend out of NY. What can I expect with the impending storm heading toward the east coast? Will they divert the ship? As said here any day on a cruise is better than being at work but I'm afraid of being sick because of the rough waters. Any insight?

Don't dwell on it. Think positive! The captain will take the ship out of harm's way. If you think you might get queasy, just take Bonine before you board the ship, and every morning while on the cruise. (BTW, you're MUCH safer on a ship than I am here at home during hurricanes or tropical storms.);)

I agree with Cotton. The safety of the passengers, crew, and ship come first when it comes to tropical storms or hurricaines.

We were cruising on the Pride in 2002, and the Captain had to divert the ship from our last port of call of Progresso because of hurricaine Isadore. We wound up in Freeport Bahamas for our last port of call.

At most, you may miss a port or may have to stay out at sea for an extra day.

Have a great time!!

Based on the current trajectory, it appears that your southerly route is essentially cut off if you leave on time.

You may just find that you set sail a little later and slower, and the captain keeps the ship closer to the shore until the thing passes.

:) :) :)

The good news is that it's just a TD.

Just think of it as an adventure! And if worse comes to worst you might end up getting re-routed but when that happens it seems the passengers are well compensated. Last year on the Glory we were hoping Isabel would affect us somehow but she didn't so we just ended up with a great cruise.

I was seasick on my first cruise (88) and missed lobster night - we hit a huge storm, sliding across floors -now, I swear by the patch, makes my eyes blurry but I'll take that over queasiness any day.

If this were me, I would drop everything, leave a message for my Dr., beg him to call in a prescription to the pharmacy and travel worry free - and yes, I still drink like a fish :rolleyes:

Have fun regardless!

Archived