Papillon Tours

Hi Jermey:

We used Papillon tours last May for a tour to Tuscany. They were responsive and actually worked up a special itinerary for our group. The pricing was very good as well.

I should mention that our driver spoke very little English and barely said a word while we were touring. On the other two private tours we took on our cruise, the drivers gave us a significant amount of travel information and description while we in the van.

If I remember correctly, Papillon offers a guide at an extra charge.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob

Jermey, have you done a search on the boards? I've used Papillon and was very pleased with their services so am using them again this year.

Donna

Donna,

When you toured with Papillion in the past, did you do the wine tour that included lunch at the Castel de Verrizano? I have booked with them for that tour and am looking so forward to it. Lina was very responsive to my emails and gave me a good feeling. Would love to hear a 1st hand review.

Thanks,

Donna,

When you toured with Papillion in the past, did you do the wine tour that included lunch at the Castel de Verrizano? I have booked with them for that tour and am looking so forward to it. Lina was very responsive to my emails and gave me a good feeling. Would love to hear a 1st hand review.

Thanks,

No, we did not have that feature on our itinerary. I think we stopped at Monteriggioni first, then went to Siena for a few hours and ate there at a wonderful restaurant recommended by our guide, and then went to San Gimignano, which was fabulous. I think you're in good hands with Papillon, so the tour you described sounds very nice too, but sorry I can't give any feedback to you on that one.

Donna

We have not been on the entire wine tour but we have been to Verrazzano winery when staying in Tuscany. The winery tour with Gino was one of the highlights of our week in Tuscany. He is very informative and a delightful host. We had the wine tasting lunch as part of our tour and it is not to be missed. There were several courses that complimented the wines very well, with continuous commentary from Gino of, of course!

No, we did not have that feature on our itinerary. I think we stopped at Monteriggioni first, then went to Siena for a few hours and ate there at a wonderful restaurant recommended by our guide, and then went to San Gimignano, which was fabulous. I think you're in good hands with Papillon, so the tour you described sounds very nice too, but sorry I can't give any feedback to you on that one.

Donna

We have not been on the entire wine tour but we have been to Verrazzano winery when staying in Tuscany. The winery tour with Gino was one of the highlights of our week in Tuscany. He is very informative and a delightful host. We had the wine tasting lunch as part of our tour and it is not to be missed. There were several courses that complimented the wines very well, with continuous commentary from Gino of, of course!

Thank you both for your answers. We are a large group of 24 - taking 3 vans with Papillon. The Verrazzano winery/lunch stop does sound wonderful. The hard part is waiting til Oct 2nd to get there:rolleyes:

Thanks again:)

Jermey, I just looked in your post history and see that you are traveling in October. I am cruising in May and have the Papillon Cinque Terre tour, so I'll be glad to leave info for you when I return if you don't receive some feedback before that time.

Donna

• 3 weeks later...

We are looking to book Papillon for our tour to Pisa/Florence during our May 25th cruise. I have read some great reviews, I understand the difference between and driver and a guide. The question I have is they are asking for my credit card, exp. date etc. to hold the date. I can also understand that, but, I am concerned about sending my credit card information via the internet. To those of you who have used thier service did you also give them your credit card information, and is their stie secure?

Thank you for your reply.

We were ready to book with Papillon in Livorno and would have given them a credit card deposit, however, the cancellation deadline was 48 hours. Here's what their e-mail said:

"There will be a full charge to your credit card for booking cancelled less than 48 hours notice or no-show if you booked an Airport transfer or Seaport tour

and 50% fee for cancellation from 14 days to 48 hours. No charge more than 14 days."

That made us hesitant to book with Papillon and it looks like we'll take the ship tour even though it's more expensive.

We were ready to book with Papillon in Livorno and would have given them a credit card deposit, however, the cancellation deadline was 48 hours. Here's what their e-mail said:

"There will be a full charge to your credit card for booking cancelled less than 48 hours notice or no-show if you booked an Airport transfer or Seaport tour

and 50% fee for cancellation from 14 days to 48 hours. No charge more than 14 days."

That made us hesitant to book with Papillon and it looks like we'll take the ship tour even though it's more expensive.

I booked a tour from Livorno of Florence/Pisa with unforgettabletuscany.com Paulo is very good and he didn't ask for any upfront info at that time. He has tours all over that region, so you might consider him if you don't feel comfortable with Papillion's policy.

We are looking to book Papillon for our tour to Pisa/Florence during our May 25th cruise. I have read some great reviews, I understand the difference between and driver and a guide. The question I have is they are asking for my credit card, exp. date etc. to hold the date. I can also understand that, but, I am concerned about sending my credit card information via the internet. To those of you who have used thier service did you also give them your credit card information, and is their stie secure?

Thank you for your reply.

You can send the CC# in segments in multiple emails. That is what I did. Or you can call them.

Toots, please note that Papillon will not charge you if you are unable to make it to port through no fault of your own such as a weather occurrence.

Have a great trip,

Donna

You can send the CC# in segments in multiple emails. That is what I did. Or you can call them.

Debby;

Thank you for your help! Have you gone on your tour yet, or is it still in the future? I have been communicating with Lina, she is very responsive and quite nice.

Margi

Debby;

Thank you for your help! Have you gone on your tour yet, or is it still in the future? I have been communicating with Lina, she is very responsive and quite nice.

Margi

Not yet, our cruise is 9/22/07 - with our day in Tuscany on 10/2/07. Can't wait. I too felt that Lina was very pleasent and responsive. I would love to hear about how your day went - since you will be going before me.

Have a wonderful cruise :D

Archived