In-cabin internet on the Pearl?

etoile

I was reading a site online about the Pearl and this is what it said:

"Each Norwegian Pearl cabin has an Internet connection, and suites and many public areas have WiFi capability. Passengers can rent laptops, bring their own, or use the Internet Lounge. WiFi cards can be rented for $10 per day. Internet charges start at $0.40 per minute, depending on the usage plan chosen."

Does each cabin really have an Internet connection, presumably with a wire? Would Category AF (mini-suite) have WiFi? I might have to bring my laptop after all!

I was reading a site online about the Pearl and this is what it said:

"Each Norwegian Pearl cabin has an Internet connection, and suites and many public areas have WiFi capability. Passengers can rent laptops, bring their own, or use the Internet Lounge. WiFi cards can be rented for $10 per day. Internet charges start at $0.40 per minute, depending on the usage plan chosen."

Does each cabin really have an Internet connection, presumably with a wire? Would Category AF (mini-suite) have WiFi? I might have to bring my laptop after all!

The simple answer is no WIFI in mini suites - Ethernet port in every cabin, wireless in the suites. If you AF is near one of the AB suites on deck 11 you may have both.

The simple answer is no WIFI in mini suites - Ethernet port in every cabin, wireless in the suites. If you AF is near one of the AB suites on deck 11 you may have both.

Thanks! I am nowhere near the AB's but I have a 25-ft Ethernet cable I can bring so that should be plenty. It's charged at the same rate as in the cafe, I assume? I heard it was 40 cents/min.

I also found this info:

"The Norwegian Pearl has most of the technology you would expect from a brand-new cruise ship. I was a little disappointed that the Wireless Internet did not work in the cabin, but the Internet hook-up (don't forget to bring your own standard network cable) worked great. The hookup is a little difficult to find, but is in the cabinet near the TV. Wireless Internet access is available in many of the common areas, although it seemed much slower than the network connection. Passengers not wanting to bring their own laptops can rent one on the ship or use the Internet Cafe. Like most cruise ships, Internet charges are high, ranging from 40 cents per minute to 75 cents per minute, depending on the plan purchased.Passengers on the Norwegian Pearl can also use their personal cell phones on the ship and be billed by their own carrier at the roaming rate set by the carrier.

For digital photography fans who don't want to wait until they get home to print pictures, the Norwegian Pearl has a photo gallery with kiosk available to instantly print photos just like at home."

Now I just have to convince my wife that bringing the laptop is a good idea! :D

Etoile,

If you're near the center of the ship, you might get lucky and have wi-fi on your balcony. I did. Wi-fi is available around the pool, so if you want to take it up there and use it at a table, it's easy but can be really noisy.

Jana

Thanks Jana! I think it might be even easier if I just do it in the cabin. Then I can write up my e-mails on my own time, and then plug in to the Ethernet port to actually connect and send them. In the past I have had to type e-mails on the ship computers and that takes time and costs money! So this is a much more appealing option, I might actually bring my laptop. :)

We really take our laptop with us so that we can download our digital photos at the end of each day.

We were in an aft facing BA cabin on deck 9 and had a reasonable wireless signal on the balcony (and also right at the door to the cabin).

Thanks! I am nowhere near the AB's but I have a 25-ft Ethernet cable I can bring so that should be plenty. It's charged at the same rate as in the cafe, I assume? I heard it was 40 cents/min.

:D

Here are the details - $.40 to .75 per minute depending on plan. The laptop is more cost effective since you can create and read offline. Check out the bonus minutes for signing up day one and for being a lattitudes memeber.

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

http://freestylecruising.com/more/internet_cafe.htm

All public areas on the Pearl have WIFI

http://freestylecruising.com/download/internet_info.pdf

Archived