Pre cruise doc's & Upgrade fairy

LetmeCurise

Greetings to all the Princess experts,

We have just received our pre cruise doc's for our upcomming Diamond sailing to mexico 10-16-04.

So were getting a tad excited now.

Question I have is,

I belive we filled out the PIF online at princess, Should we also fill out the hard copy and fax it to Princess ? and when we booked our cruise we booked a Catagory AA mini suite Grty. The pre cruise docs we received from princess show an assigined cabin number, (Dead center on dolphin deck.)Since we have a assigined cabin number, is this final or can we still be subject to an upgrade ?

Don't get us wrong, we booked the catagory that we will be happy sailing in, Just wondering what chances are there for upgrades from the mystery upgrade fairy. As this is our first princess cruise were not sure how princess does things. We have sailed on Carnival a few times and upgraded on each sailing with them, (booking grty's each time also)

Thanks for any insite the princess Veterans can share.

If you have done the online PIF - you do not need to fax or mail the piece of paper.

You can still receive an upgrade. Most of the suite upgrades are not given until about 2-7 days before sailing. Just remember - there are only a few suites on each ship and the huge majority of those in mini-suites do not receive upgrades to suites.

Usually upgrades go to pax with platinum or elite status before a newbie. It's safe to assume that the cabin assigned to you is not going to change. I'm sure there are posters here that will you they were new to Princess and got an upgrade, but that's more rare than usual.

Happy Sailing!

My husband and I had only been on one Princess cruise. For our second cruise on Princess we booked it six months after debarking the first cruise, we paid

for Cat BB (reg. balcony) and found out 10 days before sailing that

we'd been upgraded to a Vista Suite! So while it may be rare, it did happen

to us and we are nobody's and we also don't have Elite or Platinum status.

Keep hoping for that upgrade because you never know.

As I said, it's rare but does happen. I'm just telling the poster that it's quite the exception to the rule. More than likely their cabin won't change. If everyone applied the upgrade theory to their booking, we'd all be upgraded into suites or balconies and the inside/outsides would be empty on every sailing.

Happy Sailing!

I've heard many stories here about people getting great upgrades without having an extensive history with Princess. We were upgraded to a suite on our third cruise, for example. I think that sometimes the line might be selecting people to up-sell, thinking that these same people might be willing to pay for the privelege of a suite on future cruises.

Archived