***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Arlene and Tony, Did Pres. Bush's arrival have any impact on your tours today? Just wondering if Princess had given you enough info on where you should or should not travel to. Thanks for the info and I hope you both had a wonderful day.:)

Jane

Just returned from our day excursion in Montevideo. We had a private van;5 couples all from our roll call. We seem quite compatible and will try to arrange for all of us to have dinner together tonight.

First thing this AM we went to the Independence Plaza where Pres. Bush is supposed to be at ????? Our guide wanted to get that area out of the way first. Seems he's going to stay at a local hotel in this area. I imagine they can secure it better than in other places. Don't know; glad we won't be there. I think he arrives at 6:00 PM and by then we should be on our way.

We then travelled out of the city; saw upscale areas, down scale areas, lots of monuments, parks, seaside views and hills then on to a winery where we had a tour with lunch and many many different wine tastings. Lunch was assorted tapas, empanadas, dessert and espresso. I ate bread, cheese and espresso. But...........I tasted 2 out of the 5 wines. And.........the infamous GRAPPA! Tony has mentioned this several times. The only way I can describe this is that it's a clear liquid; looks like water. Icy cold. The first sip goes down and burns. It's a rude awakening. The 2nd sip burns a little less. The 3rd sip doesn't really burn. The 4th sip you don't notice. And, by the 5th sip.........you don't care! :eek:

We're not going to attempt tonight's entertainment which is a magician/illusionist in the main theatre and a male "singing sensation" in the Vista Lounge. We did encounter the deputy cruise director Frankie last night; seems like a fun guy. CD JJ Ulrich we've had before; haven't seen him at all yet. Maybe I would if I went to a show. :rolleyes: Finally met up with Tony this AM for about 20 seconds and Tony, when you read this.......COME GET YOUR MUG!

Internet cafe is booming now. I had to wait and there's probably 10 in line at present. Need to sign off here to check mail.

Later.

Arlene

Thanks Maxine....last night was pretty chaotic onboard until approx 8:20pm when we left the port of Buenos Aires. Our luggage did not get delivered until 10:00pm last night and imagine that I had to go into the Dinning Room in shorts!...I could hear the silent gasps as I walked in from the "Traditionalists"!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

This made me laugh - didn't they throw you out and send you to the BUFFET:D :rolleyes:

Hey guys, have a great cruise. I will enjoy myself by reading about your travels and adventures onboard the lovely Golden Princess. Enjoy yourselves.

Having a blast onboard already!

Thanks

Tony

See, I told you he would surface. Tony and I are on different time schedules. Obviously. :) It is now almost 8:00; breakfast for me is over. Today is an egg day in case anyone needs to know. :D I left Milt up at the Lido while I raced here to say good morning to you all.

To backtrack a bit and answer the questions, we stayed at the Marriott for two nights. Very nice and very old hotel. As I previously mentioned (I think) Marriott upgraded us to a suite which was wonderful and also gave us concierge/executive privileges. The Marrriott is located in a great area adjacent to Florida St., the pedestrian walkway area.

Perhaps we didn't care much for the tango show because we like productions and this one was very unprofessional. The female singer was awful and the "orchestra" was out of sync many many times. I'm an accordionist and the guy they raved about kept making so many mistakes, that you could see me cringing each time. Since we do local theater perhaps we are somewhat more critical than others.

It was an experience though, and I'm glad we went.

Since Tony isn't drinking the jet fuel today, maybe I'll try the stuff. We are doing an all day Montevideo tour to wherever it takes us. This was planned by one of our roll call people; 8 of us going. Will let you know after the fact.

Bedding/linen wonderful. Towels very thick. Comforter cozy. Didn't take my comforter and don't need it.

PSD is making an announcement now. Arrival time into Montevideo has been delayed at least one hour because of our late departure last night. Pres. Bush' arrival into Montevideo today will probably generate some demonstrations; Princess will try to keep all tours out of area. Advice to passengers to take taxis and keep away from Plaza of Independence.

Internet cafe is pretty empty now; sure this will change. Access pretty quick; hope it stays that way.

Arlene

Oh boy was today anotehr repeat of last cruise with Stacey and Wally! Went to the "Palenque" outside the port for lunch and had 5 bottles of "Medio y Medio", some BAAAHHH, grilled cheese and prosciutto and to polsih it all off with Zambuca shooters!...I couldn't feel my head by the time weleft tonight which was late btw again as we had to wait until the Rotterdam was leaving first. We did ended leaving just shortly after 7:00pm tonight and on our way to Stanley.

Tony

tony

welcome back

am curious about flight to ba

did u fly direct? how long? fly with aircan?

enjoy your trip

jim

Jim...yes I flew Air Canada from Montreal to Toronto then Toronto Buenos Aires witha technical stop in Santiago.

Total flying time is over 17 hours...ouch!

Tony

Good Morning Arlene, Milt and Tony,

I guess with the 3 hrs. difference in time, we will be a little behind in keeping up with you in the mornings. LOL

Tony, glad you have finally joined in. Kinda tough to have such a late dinner and then off to bed. Must be tough for an early riser like you.:rolleyes:

Arlene, since you didn't go to the Welcome Aboard show, what other entertainment was there on board for the first night? I guess when we next check in, you will have had your tour and we can have our virtual one with you.:D

Arlene and Tony, thanks for letting us cruise along with you.

Mary

Yes eating Argentinian style isn't easy when you eat late go to bed late and are an early riser like me!

Tony

Thank you both for taking the time to give us all a digital cruise!!

I've got my coffee and I'm ready . . . .

Great stay tuned for a lot more!

Tony

Arlene and Tony, Did Pres. Bush's arrival have any impact on your tours today? Just wondering if Princess had given you enough info on where you should or should not travel to. Thanks for the info and I hope you both had a wonderful day.:)

Jane

Jane there was no impact on anything that I saw as we walked thru the city earlier before lunch. They did have streets blocked off for his motorcade and many police and secret service agents on teh ground and a couple of helicopters flying around the city continuously.

Onboard this morning the Captain did come on the P.A. system and advised us all of what was going on as well as a letter was delivered to each cabin explaining the places to possibly avoid due to possible riotting!

Tony

Just returned from our day excursion in Montevideo. We had a private van;5 couples all from our roll call. We seem quite compatible and will try to arrange for all of us to have dinner together tonight.

First thing this AM we went to the Independence Plaza where Pres. Bush is supposed to be at ????? Our guide wanted to get that area out of the way first. Seems he's going to stay at a local hotel in this area. I imagine they can secure it better than in other places. Don't know; glad we won't be there. I think he arrives at 6:00 PM and by then we should be on our way.

We then travelled out of the city; saw upscale areas, down scale areas, lots of monuments, parks, seaside views and hills then on to a winery where we had a tour with lunch and many many different wine tastings. Lunch was assorted tapas, empanadas, dessert and espresso. I ate bread, cheese and espresso. But...........I tasted 2 out of the 5 wines. And.........the infamous GRAPPA! Tony has mentioned this several times. The only way I can describe this is that it's a clear liquid; looks like water. Icy cold. The first sip goes down and burns. It's a rude awakening. The 2nd sip burns a little less. The 3rd sip doesn't really burn. The 4th sip you don't notice. And, by the 5th sip.........you don't care! :eek:

We're not going to attempt tonight's entertainment which is a magician/illusionist in the main theatre and a male "singing sensation" in the Vista Lounge. We did encounter the deputy cruise director Frankie last night; seems like a fun guy. CD JJ Ulrich we've had before; haven't seen him at all yet. Maybe I would if I went to a show. :rolleyes: Finally met up with Tony this AM for about 20 seconds and Tony, when you read this.......COME GET YOUR MUG!

Internet cafe is booming now. I had to wait and there's probably 10 in line at present. Need to sign off here to check mail.

Later.

Arlene

I don't think you want me to come now at 1:00am in the morning for taht mug would you?

Tony

Hi folks,

Great to hear your tour went well.

The webcam from Motevideo always seems to focus on that big building.Just wondering what it is?

Looks like a railway station maybe?

33lyyxg.jpg

David it's actually an old Government building that the Naval Armada of Uruguay (all of two ships) is headquartered!

Tony

Yea Tony and Arlene are posting again!

Tony, you got me hooked on your Tahitian cruise! I was hoping I'D see another live post! Looking forwrd to going on a virtual tour! Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Great to see you are back Gabrielle!

Tony

There will be no "Jet Fuel" today in Montevideo...perhaps some "Medio y Medio" which is like a sweet tasting Champagne.

We are going to go to the "Palenque" the local market area across from teh ship for lunch and drinks...or many drinks and a little lunch!;)

Tony

Nice to see you have surfaced. I hope you stay well on this cruise. How is the ear doing? Thanks for responding about the captain. I haven't sailed with this new one. How about JJ and Frankie? Are they still on board?

Well just got back from the "Office" tonight and it was pretty quiet and also not much excitement from my end either!...Oh well better than loosing!

After coming back onboard toatlly "Knackered" from lunch and the liquids, I decided to take a quick nap which turned into a 4 hour nap and paased out until 8:00pm and decided it was time for a "bad boy beauty make-over" to get ready for dinner.

Dinner tonight was uneventfull as I really wasn't that hungry but had a Caprese Salad and some Mushroom Risotto and the French Apple Cheesecake with Coffee. We ordered a bottle of San Peligrino and another bottle of Pinot Grigio, Santa Marguerita.

It's been very quiet on the ship tonight and I really don't know where I am getting this extra energy to post at 1:10am our time.

Going off to bed real soon and we are at sea for the next two days before reaching the Falklands.

There is quite a bit of movement tonight about the ship and we are pitching and rolling.

More to follow later tomorrow morning from the Golden Princess.

Tony

Nice to see you have surfaced. I hope you stay well on this cruise. How is the ear doing? Thanks for responding about the captain. I haven't sailed with this new one. How about JJ and Frankie? Are they still on board?

The ear is aboput 90% better after another round of antibiotics.

JJ is still onboard with his annoying announcements all the time and Frankie thank god is there to provide a balance!

Tony

Archived