***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

So the mattresses on the Golden are still the hard thin ones? We are on the new Royal this coming November and hoping for better. I thought Mrs. Calabash (Olson) had family from Calabash, NC. It is a very small town between Myrtle Beach SC and Wilmington, NC. Any way that's the tale I have heard around here.

I doubt the Royal will have anything better to best honest.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

tony

couple of questions for you

how do you get invited to captains quarters for drinks?? what are his quarters like? roomy??

there has been chatter re excursion to antarctica for day by plane. how was this arranged?? which port did it leave from??

jim

Jim the Antartica Landing excursion leaves from Punta Arenas only and this year only they have scheduled a tour/flight on each South America sailing whereas in years past it was only offered on the Antartica sailing once a year. If you are at all interested you need to check the Cruise Personalizer daily to see when they open this tour as it sells out very quickly as in a matter of hours and days.

You get invited to the Captains Quarters if you are usually a VIP, most travelled pax or have a personal relationship with the PSD, First Staff Purser or the Captain himself.

You would be surprised that for a Grand Class ship his quarters aren't as roomy as you would think. For example the Captains Quarters on the Regal Princess are almost twice the size of this one onboard and on the Tahitian they are not as roomy as this one either.

Tony

As usual, I'm thoroughly enjoying your "Live from".

On the bright side... when we went around the Horn, the ocean was like glass. The onboard narrator said it was the calmest he'd ever seen. As we rounded the tip of the Horn, the Captain announced he was going to take full advantage of our good luck and that we would be staying there for a few hours. I wish for all of you the same experience.

Are you planning to travel out to the Penguin Reserve in Punta Arenas? We hopped a taxi after an early lunch and found ourselves almost alone at the reserve... between the ship's morning and afternoon tour. The wind was whipping around and it was bitter cold but the penguins were amazing.

Enjoy! Sandy

Sandy Ramon and I did that on the last voyage #5704 on Feb 12th and it was extremely windy and bitterly cold as well although the sun was out. The penguins were cute and there were only a handfull of people there approx around 11:00am.

I won't be going back again on this voyage.

Tony

Tony, I know elite get priority tendering when leaving the ship. Do you also get it when returning to the ship from port?
No, Elite priority is just for disembarkation, not for re-embarkation. At Puerto Montt, where we had hour and a half lines before getting on the tender, a group of people flashed their Elite cards and tried to jump the line. They were turned back but were so obnoxious, loud and argumentative that the staff let them through. We were right at the gate at that time so we saw and heard the whole thing. When we double-checked with the staff afterwards, they reconfirmed that Elite priority was just for disembarkation, not jumping the line getting back on the ship.

Good Morning Bill,

I guess we are the early birds. Like you and your DW, my DH and I love to take in all the shows and all the entertainment provided. Even though I have seen Piano Man 4 times, it is different every time. The sets are sometimes different depending on the size of the ship. Some have more elaborate sets and the smaller ships don't. The cast is always different so we do see a "new" but familiar show each time. I have enjoyed them all but do hope Princess will come up with new ones soon.

Thank you for your daily updates.:D

Mary

Yes Mary I have changed "shifts" as to my posting hours on this cruise!

Tony

Arlene, how is Milt today? Hope he is better. His "pain" saved you from a "soaking" yesterday. At least you you got to stay warm and dry while others going ashore got soaked.:D To better days ahead!

Tony, I know elite get priority tendering when leaving the ship. Do you also get it when returning to the ship from port?

Mary

Yes Mary you do get priority for leaving the ship but not returning and you wouldn't have wanted to even try yesterday with the mob of people out there in the downpouring rain and wind.

Tony

Tony,

There is a Cruise Critic meeting today at 12 noon in the Wheelhouse Bar, hope to meet you in person for the first time.

Bill:)

Thanks Bill...I've decided to make an "Appearance" .....see you all there today!

Tony

No, Elite priority is just for disembarkation, not for re-embarkation. At Puerto Montt, where we had hour and a half lines before getting on the tender, a group of people flashed their Elite cards and tried to jump the line. They were turned back but were so obnoxious, loud and argumentative that the staff let them through. We were right at the gate at that time so we saw and heard the whole thing. When we double-checked with the staff afterwards, they reconfirmed that Elite priority was just for disembarkation, not jumping the line getting back on the ship.

Pam I saw and witnessed that yesterday as well in Stanley...same scenario as you described.

I told the woman that was moaning and groaning and being rude/obnoxious, that I was the Most Travalled PAX onboard and an Elite and if I had to wait over an hour in the rain and cold she could as well.

Tony

Good Morning from the "Hot Spot" internet cafe where the place is jammed pack right now.

Got up this morning kinda late for me at 8:30am and showered and headed for the Dinning Room and had an espresso or two and Eggs Benedict and fresh squeezed OJ.

The ship isn't moving as much as it was last night when I went to bed shortly after midnight however the skies are currently overcast.

Drinks last nice was nice with the Captain and PSD and First Purser and we got invited tonight to a private dinner again with all for an Indian Curry Dinner especially prepared for us all in a private dinning room with a waiter. I love Indian Food so this should be very good.

Going to go to the gym later this afternoon after our CC meeting and lunch. As for the Horn, I've seen it countless times and only hope and wish as others that it will be smooth sailing around it later after 5:30pm approx.

The "Office" shuts down at approx. 3:00pm today for 4 consecutive days due to sailing in Chilean waters and must remain closed!:mad:

Dinner last night was excellent. We had a bowl of crudites, followed by fried shrimp and a pasta a la minute ( the pasta was a la Muniana) which has provolone cheese and procuitto) and I had the Talapia.

We had some home made Sangria made by one of the Head Waiters and I must say it's the best and I just love it.

I passed on dessert and coffe last night and headed straight for the "Office" and had a nice "hit and run" in 25 minutes.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess heading towards Cape Horn.

Tony

It's starting to rain now as we are moving a little more than previously this morning. Also there seems to be a fog bank that is rolling in as well and don't know if you can all view it on the ship's Cruise Cam currently.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess at sea enroute to Cape Horn.

Tony

Bill (MTA), whichever way it is that you post the image from the webcam, please continue to do it. I like how we can get the current image when viewing your posting. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I noticed it. I like to go back to your post when there hasn't been a new one posted. Thank you. For anyone else who likes it, it's on page 8, post 155.

David aka Kiwi Kruzer, thank you also for the webcam images that you provide.

You have both given us choices.....to each his own.

Mary

GM Mary, You hit the Nail on the Head!:)

I paste to give the "Current" Pic to everyone "When" they look at it,

David gets Great "Shots in Time" ie: Sunrise, Sunset, Sailaways, etc.

(His work is much more time intensive, than mine is, but both serve a purpose.) I wish someone would post a Live Cam on My Live Froms: each day, a "Pic is worth a 1,000 Words":D

Good Morning to you Bill,

When we were on the Golden together on the Atlantic Crossing, if you remember I took the morning shift the earrrrllly morning shift. That was a great cruise.

Bill

Bill, GM, It was a Great TA, & I continue to enjoy your early postings.

Thank you!:)

GM Tony, is Claudio still on, Please say Hi & Thanks again to him from me,

Also FCC ??, & CC ?? (Please Help, Boy I'm bad with names ?):( But I'm Great with #'s:D

jotBill(MTA)

Hey, All you Live'ies!:D

Looks like a little Liquid Sunshine out there?:confused:

Have a Great Day at Sea!:)

Bill(WIWT):(

golden_bridge.jpg

Yeap...it's raining a little but on the starboard side looks to be clearing up!

Tony

Bill....Claudio went home in Valparaiso on Feb 24th and is suppose to join the Pacific Princess in Sydney on April 24th with us. However, I doubt he will as he has had enough with this Company and bypassing him for a promotion and it would be his 6th contract.

I'll send him an email saying hello from you!

FCC= Future Cruise Credit

CC= Cruise Critic

Tony

Thanks for the Email,:) I can understand,:( they always lose the Good one,

just like in the Banking(I spent 5 years in that, while going to school)

FCC: Future Cruise Consultant:) I meant to say Hi to Her, was it Natasha?

& CC: Captain's Circle:) , was it Laura?

Thank you again, Tony!:D

Bill(WIWT)

enroute to Cape Horn. Seas are calm, skies overcast, but no sign of rain. Yet. Did our gym workout at a bit past 7:00 AM, breakfast (if that's what you want to call it) at Horizon Court and............here I am!...................................

We're having a cruise critic meeting at noon; it's in the Patter so no excuses accepted from anyone. Earl, I will say hi for you to Curt and Cindy and Donna and Dennis.

.................................................................... Later.

Arlene

Hi Arlene,

I am thoroughly enjoying your posts & humor!:D

Tell Milt, I said Hi!:)

Also give us all a Full Report on the CC Meeting.;)

Later!

Bill(WIWOB):(

Thanks for the Email,:) I can understand,:( they always lose the Good one,

just like in the Banking(I spent 5 years in that, while going to school)

FCC: Future Cruise Consultant:) I meant to say Hi to Her, was it Natasha?

& CC: Captain's Circle:) , was it Laura?

Thank you again, Tony!:D

Bill(WIWT)

Yes Natasha (OBSM) has left the Company as of Feb 12th in Buenos Aires and so did Lara leave on Jan 21st and has also left the Company...seems all teh good ones are leaving!

Tony

W0KIE comment: Not suppose to from what I've been told but I've seen people flash their priority ticket and move to the front of the return to the ship line anyway.

Well I am only an internet HOG, not a line jumper!

Tony

Just came back from Lunch and our CC meeting in the Wheelhouse Bar. Our CC meeting had approx 30 people that attended and it last almost an hour before I decided to head out for some lunch.

We lunched in the Dinning Room again today and had the Buffulo chicken wings to share, each a caprese salad and I had the Focacia ham and cheese sandwich with shoe string fries and Ramon had the Chicken Paillard with mashed potatoes.

A bottle of Pelligrino and another pitcher of the onboard brew "Sangria" and we left very happy but not before having the Key Lime pie for dessert.

The weather has changed 180 degrees since before lunch and we are having very clam seas almost like a mirror of glass and some partly sunny skies.

This afternoons agenda is the gym, a nap and the Champagne and Caviar invite by the Art Auctioneer Cindy. I can't pass up an opportunity to have some Veuve Cliquot ANYTIME!

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Cape Horn.

Tony

WEll further weather update....I now know how the weatherman must feel...the weather has changed again!....now cloudy again and overcast completely!

Tony

Bill- No, I wasn't on the DUSTS cruise last year, although I've heard it was a wonderful trip. I wonder if the tour company can actually make that $200 stick if it wasn't in the contract when you signed up? I'd be very interested in finding out.

Curt and Cindy- Glad you're feeling better, it's got to be rough to be sick on vacation. Cindy...you've gotta get out there and win some luggage tags, make the old team proud!

A very special thank you, I just ran into Cindy at the Cruise Critic meeting and she brought me the pants you gave her for me to use instead of my jeans on the Antarctic Landing (if we make it that far). How thoughtful and nice that was.:)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Easykruz:)

A very special thank you, I just ran into Cindy at the Cruise Critic meeting and she brought me the pants you gave her for me to use instead of my jeans on the Antarctic Landing (if we make it that far). How thoughtful and nice that was.:)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Easykruz:)

Bill it was really nice to have finally have met you at the CC get together this afternoon.

Tony

For those of you that would like to view our run around the Horn, we anticipate to be there around 5:30pm-6:00pm our local time in order for those that would wish to view it on the ship's cruise cam.

Currently we are experiencing more movement again and looking outside the window in the internet cafe I can see teh swells have picked up somewhat. Obviously we are getting closer to Cape Horn where the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans meet.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Cape Horn.

Tony

Archived