***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

To all those onboard, I'm so glad you're having a fun cruise! I hope the weather clears up for you a bit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post, it means a lot to those of us stuck at work! :)

To all those onboard, I'm so glad you're having a fun cruise! I hope the weather clears up for you a bit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post, it means a lot to those of us stuck at work! :)

As we go around the Horn, the weather will get better and warmer as we head towrds Valparaiso, Chile.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

We are now within distance of approaching Cape Horn if anyone would like to view it now on the ships cruise cam. It will take us approx 1.5 hours to travel around the Horn.

Tony

The sea looks nice and calm for you Tony.

4ibn8yp.jpg

David thanks for the Shot as always.

Right yes it's pretty calm and also add to the fact that we have rediced oir speed as well as we travel around the Horn!

Tony

Thanks for the heads up on going around the Horn. Almost feel like I'm on the ship too.

Great glad to see some people are viewing it right now as we go along.

Tony

Sorry, it's almost gone & too small :(

David, is better at that, than I am(I'll work on it some more!:)

Bill

[attach]38933[/attach]

Click on the photo and you have a big picture. Tony & Arlene Thanks for taking us on your cruise. So enjoying it.

Maxine

OK. Here I am typing and we're still going around the Horn. Tony's light is on but he's not in here. The seas are unbelievably calm; waves about one inch. We were programmed to expect high winds (they are present) and high seas (not present). Cold as H*** out there, but most likely helped by the wind. Milt stayed out as long as possible and videoed it all. He's probably still doing some from our balcony. I'll see what I missed when we get home.

Bill and Tony both mentioned our noon CC meeting, which to my surprise had a large turnout. Since it was published in the Patter, people who didn't have the foggiest idea of what CC is also came to B****. Tony calmly placated some and I think I did my part too. We advised them that this was a social gathering and not a "crabfest." :rolleyes: Except for one poster, everybody on our roll call is accounted for. Nice to finally meet them up close and personal.

Between NC Bill and David, you all are really getting to see this part of the world. Thanks guys. Amazing what can be done from NC and NZ.

Tomorrow is Usuiahia, the spelling of which I just mangled. Never been there before and no tour planned. Winging it again. Hope we don't freeze our petunias. :) Tony says the best crab legs are there; maybe we'll accompany him and have a feast.

Almost forgot and of course you need to know this. They had a Princess Millionaire "show" this afternoon. Just call me WINNER! I won a luggage tag AND a luggage strap. How many people do you know that can win two Princess prizes in one session? :D OK. Stop laughing.

Almost time for our next feeding. Had good barbecued ribs for lunch, so not much can beat that.

See ya.........

Arlene

Hi Dee.........

I need both your brains for trivia. Have to amass some more stuff to sell at the the White Elephant Sale. :)

Arlene

Isn't it nice to know there are others who cruise for trivia :) I've been known to not get off the ship at all when we cruise Mexico so as not to miss a game.

Well done Arlene! Sounds like you don't need our brains!

That reminds me...Once, in Wales, we were in a pub and ordered 2 half pints of Brains beer. When the bill came it read - "2 half Brains." We wondered how they knew!

Cheers!

Dee

A very special thank you, I just ran into Cindy at the Cruise Critic meeting and she brought me the pants you gave her for me to use instead of my jeans on the Antarctic Landing (if we make it that far). How thoughtful and nice that was.:)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Easykruz:)

You're very welcome, Bill. Hope it all works out for you and Vicky.

Thanks to all for their posts. The pic of Cape Horn was great! With all of the talk about Trivia, I think I will try it. I like collecting all the "treasures" from the games. I'm glad there are still people who enjoy it also.

Do they have "Friendly Fued" on Princess? I really enjoyed playing that game on NCL. I think we won a key chain.

Four days and DH and I will be on the Diamond.

I hope our CC group will have a good turn out at the Oasis Bar. I like meeting the people from the boards.

This is a great thread.

Sue

Do they have "Friendly Fued" on Princess? I really enjoyed playing that game on NCL. I think we won a key chain.

Sue

I imagine they will have it; have had Family Feuds on previous cruises.

Just checking in after the show; not very good. A comic named Brad ????; sorry didn't catch his name. His material is more for a club setting of younger people. Also, too many passengers on this ship that don't understand English well enough, or at all.

Going to call it a night. We're planning to get off the ship early and see what we can pick up dockside.

Tomorrow.

Arlene

Hi Arlene, Congrats on being the Princess Millionaire! You'd think the prize would be better than luggage tags and straps....not even close to a million$$$$$ LOL. At least you've won something now. Now you're on a roll....watch out trivia opponents. Enjoy your stop tomorrow ( sounds like Milt is better if you are going off the ship tomorrow...good to hear ):D

Mary

Just checking in after the show; not very good. .........................

Going to call it a night. We're planning to get off the ship early and see what we can pick up dockside.

Tomorrow.

Arlene

Goodnight & Congrats on the Big Win!:D

Have a Great Day Tomorrow!:)

Later...........

Bill

Archived