***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

easykruz/bill

wonder if you could get me name of tour operator doing anarctica trip? we are goin to punta arenas in november but on another cruise line who is not offering that excursion so if i knew who, i could maybe book myself?

jim

Sounds like everyone had a great day in Ushuaia.

EasyKruz... are the wild horses still roaming Terra del Fuego National Park? They were an awesome sight.

Tony... hope that someday will meet you on the high seas.

Arlene and Milt... nice to hear Milt is feeling better! It's rotten not feeling well when you're away.

Many thanks to all of you who are posting this cruise. Wishing all of you good weather tomorrow and the remainder of the cruise.

Sandy

These are great shots! Makes me wish we had done the first part of the trip also. But, scheduling won't allow.

All of you, thanks for the shots - sometimes I get home too late to catch the webcams.

We are just four days away! :p

Phill and Ann

Sure sounds a lot more exciting than the Golden Mexico trip we'll be taking in April!! It's wonderful to read about this adventure. Now if they would just do it from the West Coast with NO flying involved I'd get to go!

On our railway tour, I was amazed that the track gauge was only 50 cm. wide. That's right I said 50 cm. wide, unbelievable. The train looked antique in it's European style, and when the train whistle blew we felt like we were in Europe at an earlier time and place.
Here are a couple of pictures of the train. The first is inside, the second gives you an idea of the gauge and size compared to the passengers.

traininside.jpg.d74a137aabdbec88a9d674849acd0ac6.jpg

trainsize.jpg.724dd49a45ddbde341aa52b20fd81a58.jpg

Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth to the live from since this the first time I've been in the internet cafe without a huge line outside. I feel guilty about hogging a machine when there are a lot of folks waiting. To add to what Arlene et al have said, it has been a remarkable cruise thus far, with what would appear to be the usual and customary confusion in Buenos Aires, a lovely luncheon at the winery in Montevideo and the infamous Grappa - that stuff packs a heck of a kick! Did the Bluff Cove penguin tour in the Falklands - well worth standing in the cold and begging for a spot on the last tour to go (our 'official' one was cancelled) - very exciting four wheeling over hill and dale through the mud and muck off to the cove. Lots of penguins (and lots of penguine poo, as Arlene noted - we were the ones who didn't make dinner...) Rounding the Horn was exciting, the weather was nice and calm, though. We've had good weather in general, in fact, with no ports cancelled due to weather thus far - fingers crossed for Punta Arenas and Puerto Montt and for Bill and Vickie who are off to Antartica tomorrow! Big adventure there!

Had amazing glaciers and waterfalls during the dinner hour tonight, and lost members of our table from time to time to the outside decks to take pictures and videos. Will check in from time to time when there aren't lines. Folks are stacking up now, so I'll sign off...

Tony, When you did the Tahitian how were the beds? I see you are going on the Tahitian again this May- I go in June Will you let us know how it went? Didn't you say that they would be getting a new chef by May? Trying to remember what you said before.....

Arlene, WAY of topic, but a question, if possible: Did you say Milt suffers from gout? Just wondering what sets his off. My mother-in-law gets laid low by gout, wondering what does and what he does to help cure it.

Sounds like your trip has been awesome! I love hearing all about it. Thanks for posting! Gabrielle:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for letting all of us cruise with you. It's so exciting! Much better than work and our daily reality.:D Thanks to all who are posting pictures too. It's very nice to "see" the cruise.

I hope you have great weather and a safe flight. We want (need:) ) to hear all about Antartica.

Tony, When you did the Tahitian how were the beds? I see you are going on the Tahitian again this May- I go in June Will you let us know how it went? Didn't you say that they would be getting a new chef by May? Trying to remember what you said before.....

Arlene, WAY of topic, but a question, if possible: Did you say Milt suffers from gout? Just wondering what sets his off. My mother-in-law gets laid low by gout, wondering what does and what he does to help cure it.

Sounds like your trip has been awesome! I love hearing all about it. Thanks for posting! Gabrielle:rolleyes:

The beds are teh same as on all Princess ships...slabs of concrete unless you are in a Mini-Suite or Full Suite.

Yes Chef Claude Paloudre should be leaving by end of April unless he extends his current contract on the Tahitian.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Any plans on sailing on the Emerald next year? No more fodder for you to read.

Enjoy, hope you get a big bonus for all your work at the office.:)

Scott

Scott I usually stay away from inaugural sailings or a new ship for at least 6 months and don't have anything currently booked on the Emerald but that could change.

Tony

Tony- I Qualify For The Luncheon Just Not On Board Yet. Can't Wait!

So Dr. Secret Remedy Is Still Sangria :-) Yeah!

Arlene-thanks For The Roll Call Heads Up. Speaking Of Heads Up I Am Still Awake And It Is 6am La Time --guess I Am Still On Hong Kong Time.

Easykruz-don't Fall Of The End Of The World B-4 I Get There. Can't Wait To Hear About Your Great Tours.

What Do You Have Planned For Chili?

C-u-all-soon

Marcia

Luncheon correction cut off was not 230 days but rather 257 days on this cruise!

Tony

So would that be lemoncello with strawberries instead of lemons? Sounds great. My sister & BIL make the lemoncello but it's a bit hard to swallow for me.

This is my first post to one of your threads, usually I just read behind the scenes. I started reading them from your last B2B Tahiti cruise since I'll be doing that one in July.

Love all the info.

Glad to hear you have gone from lurker to poster!

Yes Strawberry Frangiapani!....yummy yum!

Tony

Having finally found the "from the golden..." thread, i did my duty and read the whole d-mn thing. we did this itinerary last year except we ended in ft lauderdale instead of san fransisco. i think i remember we actually had slightly better weather than you are having this trip, but only slightly...

T&R: we miss you folks but am glad to be able to at least read your posts.

A&M: leave it to me. tore my right knee miniscus almost in half last week. they are operating on it tomorrow afternoon. i should be fine for our departure with the KOALAs to Sydney in less than 4 weeks. HAH! You were supposed to be on it with us! You know how we love the Pacific.

Florida weather has been ideal for the past week: 75-80 F. dry and sunny. feels almost like San Diego most of the year, or maybe Honolulu. my back is holding up. So is Ro. Both just getting over this year's flu-like infection going around-almost 3 weeks to stop coughing.

All you other nice folks, hope to see you later in the year. maybe in England or across the northern Atlantic or in the b2b2b Athens to Venice to Rome to Ft Lauderdale. Stay well and enjoy!

Murray & Ro

Glad you finally found us all on here so stick around for a while please!

Tony

Hi folks,

Looks like you had a great day weather wise.

Here are a couple of shots I managed to grab from the port cam at Ushuaia today for you.One of the Golden and the other of Rotterdam.Did you see lots of lifeboats cruising around the port?Looks like the Rott was having a safety drill.

4dvobjk.jpg

402b89l.jpg

David amazing shots as always! Yes the Rotterdam had a full drill today and so did we at 9:45am but without lifeboats!

Tony

Wow

Thanks For All The Amazing Photos And Posts!

Someday, I May Have To Stay Home Long Enough To Learn How To Post Photos Also.

Bill & Vicky Thanks For The Tour Update. Everything Is X'd And Praying 4-u To Have A Great Trip Tomorrow. Anxiously Awaiting The Scoop. Wish I Was On To Lend You My Artic Wear Jacket :-) I'm Not Using It Much In Southern California.

Glad Mitl Is Better Go-way Bad G.

Ro- You Poor Dear My Best 2-u On The Knee Miniscus.

Keep Up The Good Work On The Great Posts And Thanks For Sharing.

Marcia

easykruz/bill

wonder if you could get me name of tour operator doing anarctica trip? we are goin to punta arenas in november but on another cruise line who is not offering that excursion so if i knew who, i could maybe book myself?

jim

Jim the airline is DAP in Punta Arenas.

Tony

We are enjoying our cruise. We have a suite and I'm very picky about bedding but I think the bed is pretty comfortable and the linens are okay.

The day in Ushuaia was lovely and the trip through the Beagle Channel was great.

We have our fingers crossed because we are also booked on the Antarctica flight. The last time I did this cruise with my husband (I'm with my daughter this time) we took the flight and landing in Antarctica and it was the highlight of our trip.

This cruise is one that all cruise afficionados should take at least once.

Good night from the bEagle Channel.

Ann

Sounds like everyone had a great day in Ushuaia.

EasyKruz... are the wild horses still roaming Terra del Fuego National Park? They were an awesome sight.

Tony... hope that someday will meet you on the high seas.

Arlene and Milt... nice to hear Milt is feeling better! It's rotten not feeling well when you're away.

Many thanks to all of you who are posting this cruise. Wishing all of you good weather tomorrow and the remainder of the cruise.

Sandy

SandyR chances are pretty good we will meet up one day as I am always cruising!

Tony

Ahoy Tony,

Hope you are managing ok without office time........

Did you go for crab today?

Last cruise if I recall we had 88 Elite onboard. 38 got invited to the Most Travelled Luncheon. Our cut off was 150 days.

Good Luck those off to Antartica.

Cathy

Ahoy Tony,

Hope you are managing ok without office time........

Did you go for crab today?

Last cruise if I recall we had 88 Elite onboard. 38 got invited to the Most Travelled Luncheon. Our cut off was 150 days.

Good Luck those off to Antartica.

Cathy

Cathy having withdrawl symptoms for the next four days with no "Office".:mad:

After all the hype that I caused at the CC meeting and on here about the Great Crab Restaurant I didn't even end up going can you imagine? Instead we shopped till we dropped and left the ship just before 10:00am and returned at 2:15pm and had lunch onboard instead sicne the ship was sailing at 4:00pm.

Tony

We are enjoying our cruise. We have a suite and I'm very picky about bedding but I think the bed is pretty comfortable and the linens are okay.

The day in Ushuaia was lovely and the trip through the Beagle Channel was great.

We have our fingers crossed because we are also booked on the Antarctica flight. The last time I did this cruise with my husband (I'm with my daughter this time) we took the flight and landing in Antarctica and it was the highlight of our trip.

This cruise is one that all cruise afficionados should take at least once.

Good night from the bEagle Channel.

Ann

Ann true the Full Suites have the matress toppers and pillow selection which makes a huge difference as I can vouch that on teh last four sailings on the Golden Princess I was upgraded to a Full Suite and also a Family Suite. All I can say is enjoy as I am "slumming it" on Plaza Deck this cruise!

Tony

Cathy having withdrawl symptoms for the next four days with no "Office".:mad:

After all the hype that I caused at the CC meeting and on here about the Great Crab Restaurant I didn't even end up going can you imagine? Instead we shopped till we dropped and left the ship just before 10:00am and returned at 2:15pm and had lunch onboard instead sicne the ship was sailing at 4:00pm.

Tony

Tony,

I did think of you with how often they kept the office closed this cruise for sure. Extra computer time I guess, OR more time for sangria ;)

Sorry you missed out on the crab today. I know the boys planned to go back for their last time this season. Shopping after our meal & grappa was an experience for sure.

Say hello to the penguins tomorrow in Punta Arenas.

Cathy

Well good eevning from all of us at sea after completing the Beagle Channel earlier this evening and now enroute for Punta Arenas. We had a great day in Ushuaia today and left the ship just shortly before 10:00am and came back onboard all shopped out by 2:15pm.

The weather today was the best day all season that I have had with no winds and partly sunny skies and then overcasted most the rest of the day. Was not cold at all for here at this time of year.

There was the Rotterdam that was in with us for most of the day and many paxs ashore as well.

Once back onboard, we ended up going to Horzion Court for a quick late lunch and to my surprise there wasn't a big crowd as I would have expected. After eating we ended up waslking around the ship and waited for sailaway which is always scenic in Ushuaia on the Golden as we have to compeltely turn around and make our way out of the harbour.

We did leave 20 minutes late due to a late arriving tour bus and also a couple of stragglers just casually walking down the pier at 4:10pm.

Dinner tonight was pretty good. We had a Caprese Salad, followed by a Crab Salad and some special Grilled Thick Cut Veal Chops, creamed spinach and Garlic Mashed potatoes.

We had brought a bottle of "Medi y Medio" from our private stach left over from Montevideo and also had a large bottle of San Pelligrino.

Dessert was this heavenly choclate torte with chantilly cream and fudge icing...yummy yum!

Tonight Maurizio is belting out his same old same old and has hundreds of people in the staircases from deck 5 to 7.

Tonight we plan on going to Skywalkers since we gain one hour's sleep with the clocks going abck tonight one hour (Haleluia)!

More to follow later from the Golden Princess enroute to Punta Arenas.

Tony

Archived