1 day parking in Galveston?

outforfun

We will be going on the Rhapsody in July. My son will be getting married while in port. Wondering if our non sailing guests can park their vehicles for only one day? We (sailing guests) are looking at parking at the Lighthouse. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

I'm not sure where in Galveston your guest need to park for one day. I will assume that he is getting married on the ship before it leaves port. If you are talking about hourly parking at the cruise terminal there is plenty within walking distance of the terminal.

The long term parking for cruise passengers is a few blocks away and they shuttle you to the terminal. The terminal itself is located in a tourist area that includes the Strand Historic District and the Water Front Area. This area is full of specialty shops, restaurants, museums and bars so all the parking adjacent to the terminal itself is daily pay for parking.

There is a parking garage located across the street from the cruise terminal. They provide short term parking. You can park on most streets for a small fee, there are parking "ticket machines" located near the curb.

There two large parking lots at Harborside and 22nd street in front of the restaruants for customers. !5.00 per day or a validation.

Archived