Miracle out of NY...Which airport? Transfers?

TJ172

I'm looking at the Miracle out of NYC in September, but am not sure which airport is best for flying into. JFK, LaGuardia, Newark? Can anyone help me with this please? Also, do you suggest CCL transfers or taxi?

Thanks for any help :)

I'm looking at the Miracle out of NYC in September, but am not sure which airport is best for flying into. JFK, LaGuardia, Newark? Can anyone help me with this please? Also, do you suggest CCL transfers or taxi?

It's easier to get to the pier from Newark.

And what's the best/cheapest way to do that?

I think your best bet would be to take car service/taxi. There is public transportation that goes into the city...i.e. Path train and subway but you don't want to be lugging all your bags on a train.

And what's the best/cheapest way to do that?

Im using Coach USA/ Olympia Trails Bus Company from EWR to Port Autority Bus Terminal it's $14 one way or $23 r/t. From there you can get a cab ($10-15) to the ship or walk(which I plan to do, as long as its not raining)

Here is the link

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Newark+Liberty+Airport&s1=NJ&c2=New+York&s2=NY&resultId=7031&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Findex%2Easp&cbid=65921814639

Im using Coach USA/ Olympia Trails Bus Company from EWR to Port Autority Bus Terminal it $14 one way or $23 r/t. From there you can get a cab ($10-15) to the ship or walk(which I plan to do, as long as its not raining)

Here is the link

http://www.coachusa.com/olympia/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Newark+Liberty+Airport&s1=NJ&c2=New+York&s2=NY&resultId=7031&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Findex%2Easp&cbid=65921814639

Ohh yeah forgot about the Port Authority. The only thing is that is a long walk with luggage. Port Authority is on 42nd and 8th. The ship's pier is on 55th and 12th. Those avenue blocks are VERY long.

Ohh yeah forgot about the Port Authority. The only thing is that is a long walk with luggage. Port Authority is on 42nd and 8th. The ship's pier is on 55th and 12th. Those avenue blocks are VERY long.

So true, that why Im packing light this cruise. :p As mentioned it will also depend on weather in Sept...plus I love walking in the city.

So true, that why Im packing light this cruise. :p As mentioned it will also depend on weather in Sept...plus I love walking in the city.

Well as long as you don't mind walking, then go for it. :D If this is your first time to NY, you will love it.

The weather at the end of Sept could be very warm or chilly. It all depends.

We are flying into JFK (just because that is where our free airline tickets take us) and then taking a taxi to the hotel. (We are flying in a day ahead). We will just grab a taxi from the hotel to the port the next morning.

We are going the week of Sept.29th. This is our first time to that part of Canada and we are really looking forward to it!!

Well as long as you don't mind walking, then go for it. :D If this is your first time to NY, you will love it.

The weather at the end of Sept could be very warm or chilly. It all depends.

It my first cruise out of NYC, but I have been to the city many times over the years. Planning to catch a Yankees game before the cruise. My two obsessions Yankees and cruising :D

It my first cruise out of NYC, but I have been to the city many times over the years. Planning to catch a Yankees game before the cruise. My two obsessions Yankees and cruising :D

You will love the sailaway.

Ack!!! the Yankees.....we are a Mets family. :p

Depending on how many people you have, car service from Newark is the best way. I try to warn people about how backed up the piers can be in New York and taxis charge a lot for waiting time. A car service for more than one person would probably cost the same as the bus to Port Authority and then a taxi to the pier. The time saved would be huge.

By the way, I am Mets fan. Go Mets!

I am booked on the Miracle for 10/2. This will be my first trip to NY. I booked air with Carnival - $529 r/t but now am thinking I would be better off booking on my own. Flying in from Las Vegas - any advice???? Katie

$529 r/t from Vegas? I think you can do much better on your own and get better flight times, and pick your own seats. When I fly to Vegas I get anywhere from $300 - $375 r/t. Check the airlines again and again. For a long flight, JetBlue will be the most comfortable and should run deals soon.

I also always advise folks fly in at least one day ahead.

My youngest son is a Boston Red Socks fan. He and Noonan (avid Yankee fan) will have their usual discussions on the Fantasy next week!!!

We are planning to grab a taxi in Boston and try to make one of the stadium tours...but it will be close since we don't get into port until 2pm (I think) and the tours end at 4pm.

We are flying into JFK (just because that is where our free airline tickets take us) and then taking a taxi to the hotel. (We are flying in a day ahead). We will just grab a taxi from the hotel to the port the next morning.

We are going the week of Sept.29th. This is our first time to that part of Canada and we are really looking forward to it!!

Not sure what you meant here LHP; JFK and/or the port isn't part of Canada. Sure would be easier for us if it were! :p

We're flying into JFK on the morning of the cruise (in July). I'm assuming that we'll just grab a cab at the airport and have them take us to the Brooklyn Pier. Can anyone tell me about how long and how much this will be?

Kim

Thanks for all the help; I know nothing at all about NYC :o . Is the Port Authority the same as the Pier where the ships are docked :confused: Thanks again

No, you would need to take a cab from Port Authority to the Cruise Ship Terminal.

To lessen the stress, it might be better for you to go with Sandi and Name Game's suggestion of taking a cab/car service straight from the airport to the ship. I dont know the prices, but Im sure someone will come along with the details.

Have a great cruise!!!

No, you would need to take a cab from Port Authority to the Cruise Ship Terminal.

To lessen the stress, it might be better for you to go with Sandi and Name Game's suggestion of taking a cab/car service straight from the airport to the ship. I dont know the prices, but Im sure someone will come along with the details.

Have a great cruise!!!

The Taxi fare from Newark to the Manhattan cruiseterminal is a fixed amount of $45.00 plus round triptollsand tip for more than one person---take the cab.(you can check yourselfon theNY NJport authority web site.The piers are on the west side ofManhattan at 54th street)

The Taxi Fare from Kennedy toany place in Manhattan is likewiseafixed $45.00 plus tolls(not roundtrip) and tip...

www.nyc.gov/tlc

From LGA its notafixedamount but should be in the $35.00 range.

I'm confused?? I thought the Port Authority WAS the cruise terminal? What is the difference between the two?

We were just planning on taking a cab from LGA to the ship? Can this not be done in NY? Will they not just drop you off right at the ship?

Why would people walk several blocks with all their luggage? Is that what you have to do in NY to get to the ship?

I'm confused?? I thought the Port Authority WAS the cruise terminal? What is the difference between the two?

We were just planning on taking a cab from LGA to the ship? Can this not be done in NY? Will they not just drop you off right at the ship?

Why would people walk several blocks with all their luggage? Is that what you have to do in NY to get to the ship?

No the Cruise terminal is the Manhattan or Brooklyn Cruise terminal.

Port Authority is normally the Bus terminal at 40 street and 8tt avenue where the Buses from the Airport goes. The NY/NJ Port Authority doesn't run the cruise terminals...but it runs the Bus terminal and the airports...why I don't know(third base)...The one in Manhattan was the NY Passenger ship terminal or www.nypst.com, until they open the one in Brooklyn and it became the Manhattan Passenger Ship terminal and the one in Brooklyn is the Brooklyn Passenger ship terminal. The cab will take you to the ship as long as you tell them to take you to the Manhattan cruise terminal at 54th street and 12th avenue...

No one should walk with the luggage take a cab but there are people who prefer to save the money and walk, to each their own.

Port Authority is normally the Bus terminal at 40 street and 8tt avenue where the Buses from the Airport goes. The NY/NJ Port Authority doesn't run the cruise terminals...but it runs the Bus terminal and the airports...why I don't know(third base)...The one in Manhattan was the NY Passenger ship terminal or www.nypst.com, until they open the one in Brooklyn and it became the Manhattan Passenger Ship terminal and the one in Brooklyn is the Brooklyn Passenger ship terminal. The cab will take you to the ship as long as you tell them to take you to the Manhattan cruise terminal at 54th street and 12th avenue...

No one should walk with the luggage take a cab but there are people who prefer to save the money and walk, to each their own.

Gotcha....it's all much clearer to me now. Thank you for explaining!

I think I had read that the reason people walk with their luggage was because the cabs just sit in line trying to get to the ship and it racks up their cab fare. Is this true? If so, should we just get out and walk when the cab is waiting in line?

Archived