White River tubing

luvtwocruisenow

We did the tubing two years ago with Phil Lafayette. We had kids 5,5,4 & 3 with us, and they all loved the tubing, weren't afraid at all, and wanted to do it again. The tubing is very easy, mostly just riding the current with a few small but fun rapids. We used tubes that had bottoms and each of the kids rode with an adult. I'd think a 9-year-old could be by himself, but could ride with you if he wanted. The guides who went down the river with us were great at keeping everyone out of trouble, away from branches or the bank, keeping us all going down river mostly together. They spent most of their time in the water, guiding the tubes.

All of our little kids are very comfortable in the water, since we live on a lake, so that might make a difference in their fear level. We brought their own life jackets along from home, but I think there are jackets available with the tour. (I didn't ask since we didn't need them.) None of us upset or fell in the water, though I suppose it could happen. We all enjoyed the tubing and would do it again.

Just back (well, a few weeks ago) from our Mariner cruise. We booked our excursions with Marva Shaw (http://www.knowjamaica.com) - Dunn's River Falls, White River tubing, lunch & Reggae Beach. Overall, it was a great tour - Marva was wonderful - and our most fun port day.

The tubing was fun. There is a plastic bottom in the tubes so you can easily sit without worrying that your bottom will brush against anything in the water (rocks, limbs, etc.). I have two girls (7 & 3) and would not hesitate to take my 7 year old. My 3 year old would love it, but I would want a life vest for her. As Nebr.cruiser stated, the water isn't rough in most places and less rough than mild waves at the beach in the other spots. We never worried about falling out of our tubes, but, if it *could* happen. The water is not deep in most areas - just a few feet; however, there are a few deep pools (maybe 5-7 feet deep?).

Archived