Splendour to IAH- do we have enough time?

RNTMO95

Hi All... Love this website! Just wondering if you can tell me if I have enough time to make a 1pm flight out of IAH on the day our ship arrives. We'll have 7 in our group to make it to the airport and I don't want to have to be rushed. Thanks

It really depends...don't you love answers that start that way? How are you making the trip from Galveston to IAH? Are you arriving during the week or on a week-end day? Can all of you carry your bags and do the "early off" option?

Also look at earlier threads on this forum for answers to similar inquiries.

Clearlake, thnx for the reply.... I don't yet have the transportation arrangements made, but after reading several posts here, I'll probaby rent from Hertz. We'll be coming in on a Thursday morning and can carry our luggage, what is the "early off" option? Thanx again for your time.......

I just got off Splendour this past Thursday. If you carry your own luggage off the ship, you can get off at 7AM. After that, it's according to tag color and they start from top deck down. For example, I was on deck 8 and got color Blue 1. This meant my scheduled departure time was 8AM. They called my color at 7:45. I was busy eating breakfast :D so we didn't leave until about 9AM which then got pretty busy and took about 30 minutes to get off. We were off the ship before ten.

Of course, you will also get priority if you have flights vs. no flights. I'd give myself about 1 1/2 hours to get to IAH. So if you're off the ship by 9AM, I think you should be ok. But then you need to account for time to get to the car rental to get your car as well.

Hope this helps.

Em

Archived