What is the latest NCL disembarcation time

puli

At the end of our cruise We have a late afternoon plane flight leaving Seattle and would like to stay on board the Star for as long as possible and then take a cab to the airport. The website states that "you are not pressured to leave early and can enjoy a late rising and breakfast before departure". Is this true? This is our first NCL cruise so we have no idea what to expect.

Yes, it's true that you can relax a bit more than the typical cruise ship where they routinely herd the passengers into a public lounge to wait for their group to be called. I would guess that you can stay on the ship until 10, maybe 11.

Thanks for the information. Do you also know if you are allowed to carry your luggage on board? This cruise is only a one nighter which we are taking right after another cruise and we plan on having two medium sized suitcases. I called and was told we could board with our suitcases but I later saw a posting that said only small carryon luggage was allowed to be hand carried and that "real" suitcases must be checked in. If we have to check the luggage I can imagine not getting it before we have to leave the ship!

Thanks for the information. Do you also know if you are allowed to carry your luggage on board? This cruise is only a one nighter which we are taking right after another cruise and we plan on having two medium sized suitcases. I called and was told we could board with our suitcases but I later saw a posting that said only small carryon luggage was allowed to be hand carried and that "real" suitcases must be checked in. If we have to check the luggage I can imagine not getting it before we have to leave the ship!

You can carry your luggage on-board if it fits through the screening (just like airport screening) size.

Not sure you have a problem if you do NOT want to depart the ship early:confused:

What's the hurry to retrieve your luggage is you do not want to leave the ship early?

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. They are two different issues. The first is wanting to stay on board as long as possible the day we finish the cruise so we don't have to sit in SEA-TAC all day, and the second is wanting to carry on our luggage when we first board rather then having to check it with the porters. We are planning to carry it off the final day as well.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. They are two different issues. The first is wanting to stay on board as long as possible the day we finish the cruise so we don't have to sit in SEA-TAC all day, and the second is wanting to carry on our luggage when we first board rather then having to check it with the porters. We are planning to carry it off the final day as well.

1) if you wish to carry it on-board...it must fit through the screeners (like airlines) Or the porters must take it.

2) Carry-off your luggage means you will do EARLY disembark which you do NOT want to do!

I don't think you can have it both ways unless NCL changes their policy!

Oops, I guess I have a few small problems to work out. I will check tomorrow about what size luggage fits through the ship's screeners and will try to pack accordingly,if possible, and then on the morning we disembark hope they do not throw us out too early since I know regardless of size we will carry our bags off. Perhaps it only matters if you try to leave the ship before your color/number is called not if you leave much later.

1) if you wish to carry it on-board...it must fit through the screeners (like airlines) Or the porters must take it.

2) Carry-off your luggage means you will do EARLY disembark which you do NOT want to do!

You can carry off your luggage and not leave early. Just don't put it out the night before and walk off when you're ready.

The early carry-off is a convenience for those who want to get off the ship earlier than they might if they had to wait for all the bags to be offloaded and put into color groups ashore.

I used to breed Pulis! Do you?

Jana

Hi Jana, Thanks for the info and yes my husband and I bred and showed Pulik for 20 years. Our kennel name was Boldasog and we were in the Mid Atlantic Puli Club ( we lived in Somerset NJ at the time). Our breed line essentially came from Ann Bowley. We showed over much of the country in the 80's and early 90's . How about you? Jenny

I am a little confused about the carry on restrictions. I called NCL and Celebrity (we are crusing both this trip) and was told by both cruise lines that there was only a weight restriction to carry on luggage:@200 lbs. and that they had no size restrictions. However,if we were flying and wanted to carry on our luggage that the airlines would restrict the weight, number, and size. I am planning on contacting the piers at San Francisco and Vancouver to verifythis.

The cruise lines don't really weight the suitcases. The 200 pounds is the limit for all your luggage. I am not even sure the strong men tossing your luggage about could lift a 200 pound bag. I do know I can't.

In the hold, where the luggage arrives aboard the ship there is a large x-ray security screener for the larger bags. But when you walk aboard the ship you will have to run your carry on bags through a small x-ray security screener, similar in size to carry ons for the airlines, before you board the ship.

Why cannot you comprehend this? Its as simple as ABC.....

They use this small x-ray security screener at every port of call.

If your carry on bag does not fit through the small screener, it must go through the big screener down in the hold, just like the airlines.......

Yes, I do understand, thanks! I did call the cruise ports and verified that your carry on bags can be @ 24 inches wide and @ 20 inches high and any length so most medium sized bags will also fit.

Hi Jana, Thanks for the info and yes my husband and I bred and showed Pulik for 20 years. Our kennel name was Boldasog and we were in the Mid Atlantic Puli Club ( we lived in Somerset NJ at the time). Our breed line essentially came from Ann Bowley. We showed over much of the country in the 80's and early 90's . How about you? Jenny

Hi Jenny,

For me it was over 30 years ago, on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, so CKC dogs (from London, Ontario). I wish I could remember more! My male was from California, from those two women who lived near Monterey... My kennel name was Aronvale.

When I moved to the States I had to give them all up. Nine years ago I decided I wanted one again and then ended up not getting one for three reasons: I couldn't find a pet quality at the time I was looking (months), my rural yard in North Carolina was filled with burrs and foxtails, (and a bald Puli is cruel, imo) and last, we saw a fabulous champion who lived near us (Apex, NC, you'd know who he is) and discovered that the breed standard had become so large that it was unworkable in any event. So I ended up with a Shih Tzu, had a litter, kept a daughter, and I'm happy, they suit my lifestyle. I pretend they're Pulik from time to time but can never get that rasta look :p

You know, it may have changed but 30-35 years ago, Canadian Pulik had to be corded, they could not be shown brushed.

God, I love that breed...

Jana

Archived