Best way to get from FLD airport to Miami

Bamacruz'n

we will be going on the triumph sept. 1st. we are also flying into fll airport because its a whole lot cheaper than flying into miami. look up tri-state area transportation. they have shuttle starting at $18pp for a shared shuttle. but in your case it might be cheaper to get a private van that will carry all 9 of you with luggage and split the price difference that way...

Stiffany ..... I'm going on the Triumph in May, much cheaper for me to fly into FLL than MIA from Tampa, too. I tried looking up tri-state area transportation like you suggested but can't find anything for that price. Can you tell me the specific company that you found that rate? Thanks.

Finally found Tri-County Airport Express's web site and called them. It is indeed only $18 for transport from FLL to Port of Miami (they don't do reservations, just go to their ground transportation desk at the airport and they will have someone come pick you up; the agent I talked to said the max time you would wait for other pick-ups is 30 min. then the wheels are rolling.) Here's the interesting part .... they can't do roundtrip transfers b/c FLL is in Broward county and the Port is in Miami/Dade (this I am aware of b/c I used to live in Miami and northern Dade) and therefore can't service transfers FROM the port back TO the airport after the cruise. So .... for the return trip you have to use a service that is registered in Miami/Dade, like SuperShuttle. I haven't checked their rates, but the guy said they were probably the same as Airport Express's. I called a couple of other shuttle services and $18 is the best I could find. Thanks again, Stiffany!

I believe the website for that company is....http://www.floridalimo.com/

No need to make prior reservations you can just walk outside after collecting your baggage and tell them where you need to go!

We have flew into FLL twice for cruises, but a day early each time. We had 7 one time and 9 the other time. We just just rented two rental cars when we had 9 and drove to Miami and then returned the cars the next morning. Then hertz took us to the pier!!!

Finally found Tri-County Airport Express's web site and called them. It is indeed only $18 for transport from FLL to Port of Miami (they don't do reservations, just go to their ground transportation desk at the airport and they will have someone come pick you up; the agent I talked to said the max time you would wait for other pick-ups is 30 min. then the wheels are rolling.) Here's the interesting part .... they can't do roundtrip transfers b/c FLL is in Broward county and the Port is in Miami/Dade (this I am aware of b/c I used to live in Miami and northern Dade) and therefore can't service transfers FROM the port back TO the airport after the cruise. So .... for the return trip you have to use a service that is registered in Miami/Dade, like SuperShuttle. I haven't checked their rates, but the guy said they were probably the same as Airport Express's. I called a couple of other shuttle services and $18 is the best I could find. Thanks again, Stiffany!

Thanks for the info! Great help! I wanted to know ahead of time what I was looking to do so we would be sure to arrive at the port on time. We are scheduled to arrive in FLL around 12:00 and didn't want to end up doing something that was going to cost a fortune. You guys are great! I am definitely about to look at these options!

Don't sweat this one... Tri County has a permanent counter on the curb at FLL. 9 people will fill a van for them, so you likely won't have to wait much at all. We were only 2 and had to wait for at least 6 others to be going our way; took about 20 minutes. Cost was $18 pp.

From the port back to FLL, shuttles are lined up and waiting outside the port terminal. Again, with 9 people, they'll load you right up. Cost was $20pp. We did have a return shuttle reserved (at $18pp), but with the chaos of disembarkation, customs, luggage collection (not to mention the high noise levels during this process, which made it hard to hear a cell phone), we had a total mess trying to connect with our reserved shuttle. Finally grabbed a regular shuttle at $20pp after waiting 45 minutes for our original one. Next time, we'll just pay the extra $2pp and grab one of the many available!

Part of our group reserved 2 cars on the trip down; dh & I did the shuttle thing. We were grateful not to have to mess with traffic and unknown areas on top of travel fatigue! I'd do the shuttle again in a heartbeat.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!

We used Jewel Limo a couple of years ago.

We got one of those bus/vans that normally are configured for 21 passengers but this one was configured as a limo in the interior. J type seat, lounge type atmosphere. Kind of like a small party bus. It was GREAT. Plenty of room in the back area for all of our luggage, very personalized service.

at the time, I think it was only $150 so thats like $17 per person

and you arrive in STYLE

No need to use the shared ride shuttle.

For $128.00, Tri-County Airport Express offers fully air conditioned 11 passenger Ford LTD vans with plenty of room for luggage. These top of the line vehicles are just right for larger groups and/or parties requiring additional baggage capacity.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of our starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/van.html

Archived