Questions about my upcoming CB cruise

Vanilla

We're going to be in A325 in July :D I think you were on the other side of the ship (Port). I believe we will be on the Starboard side. Can you remember which were the ports that you looked out on from your balcony, and which ports could be viewed from the other side of the ship.

Has anyone stayed in A325? Any photos? It's going to be our first balcony too! Very exciting! :D

Lindsey

Lindsey,

Yes, we were on the port side where all the cabins are even numbered and the starboard has odd numbered cabins. On the way to all the islands we had views of them as we approached, and the sunrises. We left our curtain open so we could awake to the views. We always ordered room service breakfast so we could hang out on the balcony and watch the docking , sunrises etc. I am usually not an early riser but I always woke up at sunrise before the alarm on this cruise:) On the way back we had the sunsets.

You will love this ship and this cruise. I am planning for the same week in Feb.next year on the CB or the Grand. We were 6 women tavelling together and everyone had a blast.

Elizabeth

We're going to be in A325 in July :D I think you were on the other side of the ship (Port). I believe we will be on the Starboard side. Can you remember which were the ports that you looked out on from your balcony, and which ports could be viewed from the other side of the ship.

Has anyone stayed in A325? Any photos? It's going to be our first balcony too! Very exciting! :D

Lindsey

We'll be in A603 in July- W. Carib. July 8 sailing. It's our first balcony too! Anyone been there? Still thinking about upgrading to Caribe, but not a lot of cabin options, I think there was only one the last time I checked. It was a lot more $ so I think we'll most likely remain on Aloha.

Lindsey, which July sailing are you on?

We're doing a back to back cruise, sailing on 22nd July (Western) and then 29th July (Eastern).

We've done all the ports before, and our plan was to chill out and have a relaxing break. However, there are so many great excursions that I think we'll be rushing about on port days. Still, at least there are several sea days to take it easy. :D

Have a great cruise on 8th July. :)

Yeah, never been to this port myself, but was told the Airport to the Cruise Terminal was very close... I wouldn't bother with transfers when a quik taxi ride will do.

I have been to this port and the only exception I would offer is that transfers can be convenient if you are flying in on the day of sailing, arent familiar with the area, and are someone who likes things taken care of in advance. The people from Princess are easy to spot in the baggage claim area, and its just 1 less thing to think about in an already busy day.

If you get to the Embassy Suites early enough, sign up for the shuttle right away. We took a taxi our first time as the shuttle was booked until 2:00. This last January we signed up for the 12:00 shuttle, got to the pier with no hassle, the line looked long, but we were on board in less than 20 minutes. No problem. Shuttle is free except a couple bucks tip, taxi I think was about $12 or so.

Good Mexican Restaurant 1/2 block west of the hotel.

CB is a great ship!

Have fun!

For those who have sailed from this port before... What is the average time you can leave the ship assuming the debarking process is normal. I have a 2pm flight out.

thanks!

We were off the ship around 10 if memory serves me right, then we had to go through customs. We were in the last half of groups disembarking. If traveling directly home, I would jump at a 2pm flight out of FLL. Also remember customs will go MUCH faster if everyone in your group has a passport! What's a bummer is traveling with a group of 4 people where 3 have a passport ....only to have to wait for the one person that doesnt.

Just a reminder to everyone. The CB sails on a Sunday so if you want to purchase alcohol, do so on Saturday. Alcohol can be purchased only after 12 noon on Sundays.

I hate to sound so uninformed, but what does CB stand for? It's been awhile since I sailed Princess and I just can't

We're taking our cruise in July and staying at Embassy Suites the night before. We've been told that the hotel has a shuttle that will take us to the cruise ship. You just need to let the front desk know when you get there. Hope this helps. Have fun on your trip! When are you going?

Check the price of the shuttle. It may not be free and it may not be cheaper than a cab. I say may on both items.

Archived