Booking another cruise while on one

danrenne1

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of discount you get when booking another cruise while on one. We will be sailing on the Dream April 7th and we are looking at booking the Western Med on the Gem in Oct. Thanks:D

Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of discount you get when booking another cruise while on one. We will be sailing on the Dream April 7th and we are looking at booking the Western Med on the Gem in Oct. Thanks:D

The benefits of booking your next cruise while onboard are typically: 1) reduced deposit required, and 2) onboard credit for the future cruise (maybe $50 pp for 7 day cruises, more for longer cruises). Many times you can book a cruise without specifically choosing the cruise, you do that later once you decide when and where to cruise.

On our 9 day Pearl cruise we got:

1) An immediate $100 Onboard Credit

2) Only had to put down $250. This serves as the full deposit for the next cruise we book (either with a TA or directly with NCL)

3) 18 months to decide on booking a cruise - 24 months to actually take it

4) Can change booking with no cancellations fees, etc.

Too good a deal to pass up!:)

We usually do book while on board. You can sit and choose your cabin and get that confirmed, get a cabin credit for that cruise and leave knowing you will be sailing again! What could be better! Also, after we booked on board we started to follow the prices and found they have increased quite a bit since we booked. So, good deal all around for us. Last time I printed out a couple of choices for future cruises and the cost so I'd have some idea if the offer was a good one or not. Helps to do your homework!

FYI, in the event that you are loyal to your TA, the NCL guy will ask for his/her name, agency, etc. and your TA will still get the usual commission.

Or at least, that's the way it worked last time I booked on board.

Enjoy the Dream. We've done her twice and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the Baltic Capitals!

I did this once. We got on board credit and an upgrade. We went from deck four to deck seven. It was on the NCL Sea while it was in NY. NCL did transfer this booking to my agent. She discounted it. But she was not a happy camper. Then again I no longer use her. If the deal is good take it.

Archived