Upgrade To New Cabin

:eek: Hello,Can some one tell me if they offer upgrades this close to my cruise date.I cruise on March 25 2007 on the Jewel out of Miami FL.

Could someone tell me when i call a taxi to pick us up at the Sofitel hotel to go to the pier if you have to pay them per person are do we just pay them for ever one in the cab.

Is there a store around the port of Miami were we can buy drinks to take on board the ship.

We will be staying in Miami FL. when we get off the boat is there anything we can do around were the boat is docked are were the Sofitel is at.Since we will have to walk are take a taxi around the town.

We sail March 17 on the Majesty, that's in one week!!! LAST week I called NCL and asked for a quite quote on the type of room I had already booked. She quoted me the same price, but said I could move to an OV at no extra cost. When she noticed I had booked with an on-line agent she told me to just go ahead and have them make the arrangements. It was all taken care of within 24 hours. Note: we had a $25 ship credit for the inside cabin and that did not increase when we switched to the OV. Give it a shot and see what happens.

:eek: Hello,Can some one tell me if they offer upgrades this close to my cruise date.I cruise on March 25 2007 on the Jewel out of Miami FL.

As the previous poster said, you could call and see. They may be able to offer an upsell, where you purchase (at a reduced cost) another cabin.

Could someone tell me when i call a taxi to pick us up at the Sofitel hotel to go to the pier if you have to pay them per person are do we just pay them for ever one in the cab.

Is there a store around the port of Miami were we can buy drinks to take on board the ship.

You will pay per cab, not per person. As for a store, you would have to ask the cab driver about that, possibly get him to stop on the way if that is an option? There is nothing really around the port area. You might have to wait until you get to your first port of call.

We will be staying in Miami FL. when we get off the boat is there anything we can do around were the boat is docked are were the Sofitel is at.Since we will have to walk are take a taxi around the town.

I'm not quite sure where the Sofitel is. Around the port (though you'd have to take a cab and then you'd have all your luggage) there is Bayside Marketplace that has many shops, restaurants, boat rides, etc. We have always stayed around this area in either the Hyatt or the one directly across Bayside. It may be a better option for you to rent a car to get around since you are staying afterwards? You could do Bayside, South Beach (very close and easy to get to), the Everglades. I'm sure you can probably find much more info on the embarkation ports boards. If you rented a car you'd have the freedom to do what you wanted and then get to the airport when you left. They have shuttles from the port where you could pick your car up after the cruise. Might be a better option for you. Although again, I don't know where the Sofitel is so I don't know how convenient it is to anything. Have fun!:)

coolgrandma2009, we are sailing with you on the 25th. You should join us on the roll call! We are also staying at the Sofitel the night before. We booked the room thru NCL and have the transfer included. I don't know if you can arrange transfer only thru NCL. I can't wait for our cruise!

Archived