Need Help with Shore Excursion Advice

Ron66

Am looking at three different RCCL shore excursions but not sure about any of them. I appreciate any information (help) that anyone can provide.

Two members of our group are older and have difficulty walking far distances and even standing for long periods of time.

The first tour is the "City & Sanctuary Tour" - Was wondering how much of this tour was on a bus and how much was walking. How much walking is there at the zoo, do you do it on your own, or do you have to stay with your guide. How much time so you spend at the zoo ? Is there benches to sit and rest or do you just have to keep going ? DO you have to walk through the zoo (is the bus drop off different from the bus pickup location?)

"Wildlife Adventure Tour - This is the one that goes up the old Belize river and then on to the Zoo. What type of boats do they use, are they big boats or little boats (Boat for 100+ people or a boar for 15 people ??) How hard is it to get into and out of the boats ?? How fast do the boats travel on the river ?? How much time is in the boat or bus versus walking at the zoo ? Same zoo questions as above, is it at your own pace or with a guide.

"Lamanai & new river safari" - This is the trip that has a 90 minute boat ride on the new river and then has a 90 minute tour of Lamanai. So is this a 90 minute walking tour in Lamanai. Do you have to walk the whole tour or can you explore on your own ? Are there benches to sit on at the site ?? How fast do the boats go on the river ?? What size are the boats ?? How hard is it to get into and out of the boats at all the locations ??

I know this is a lot of questions, but would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can provide on these tours. Would hate to force the people with me that have walking problems onto a tour that they could not handle ??

Any other suggestions for tours would be great too.

Thanks

Ron

I can help you wilth the City & the Sanctuary tour. My wife & I took it last year. The first part of the tour is basically a bus ride through Belize City. Our guide gave us a history of the country and pointed out the landmarks, etc. The last part of the tour is the zoo. It is set in the jungle. They have gone to great lengths to keep the habitats like the wild, sometimes maybe too much. There is a lot of walking and you go through with a guide. There are not a lot of places to sit and rest either. We thought that the zoo was enjoyable, but it may be too much if you have those in your group that can not be on their feet for extended periods.

Archived