5020 vs 5024- which is better?

powelweb

Hi All,

Planning our first DCL cruise with DD after several RCL cruises, and thanks to this board, I've learned about the secret inside cabins that have some portion of oceanview to them.

I'm currently booked into 5020, but see that 5024 is also available, and I'm trying to read the deck plans closely to see what the difference might be.

My guess is 5020 would probably be the least oceanview since it is right next to another catgory of cabins.

Anyone stay in either or both who would be willing to share your thoughts?

Also, in the deck plans, there look to be a symbol in 5022 and 5024 but I can't find a legend that indicates what it means. For instance, RCL uses several different symbols to indicate pullman beds vs sofa beds and 3 person capacity vs 4 persons.

thanks for any help and happy sailings,

Wendy

Hi All,

Planning our first DCL cruise with DD after several RCL cruises, and thanks to this board, I've learned about the secret inside cabins that have some portion of oceanview to them.

I'm currently booked into 5020, but see that 5024 is also available, and I'm trying to read the deck plans closely to see what the difference might be.

My guess is 5020 would probably be the least oceanview since it is right next to another catgory of cabins.

Anyone stay in either or both who would be willing to share your thoughts?

Also, in the deck plans, there look to be a symbol in 5022 and 5024 but I can't find a legend that indicates what it means. For instance, RCL uses several different symbols to indicate pullman beds vs sofa beds and 3 person capacity vs 4 persons.

thanks for any help and happy sailings,

Wendy

5024 has the steamer trunk, 5020 does not. 5020 has a little more unobstucted view.

Thanks for posting this! We've booked 5020 for our 7/6/08 cruise, and we feel so lucky that it was available! It seems like it is the best of the bunch, so we really lucked out! Thanks for the castawayclub.com info - that's a great site! :)

Thanks for those review. Dave Mck!

I keep reading about the light outside the porthole... is this something that is outside of every porthole, or just these rooms?

It is just these SPRs since they have "equipment" outside the porthole.

Archived