Oatmeal

TDOTCRUISR

I cruised Europe on the Magica a few years back and this has been bugging me ever since...does anyone know what the oatmeal(??) mixture is? I had it every morning mixed with fruit...great stuff & can't get it out of my mind. I'm from Canada so I been searching for something similar. Does anyone else have a clue? Many thanks!

I cruised Europe on the Magica a few years back and this has been bugging me ever since...does anyone know what the oatmeal(??) mixture is? I had it every morning mixed with fruit...great stuff & can't get it out of my mind. I'm from Canada so I been searching for something similar. Does anyone else have a clue? Many thanks!

i think i know exactly what you're talking about. they had this oatmeal fruit mix on the magica when i went. it was oatmeal mixed with cheeries and walnuts and other fruit. i can't really tell what was in it but it was fabulous! i ate it for breakfast every morning. it wasn't like thick oatmeal like in the US it was more like cereal oatmeal. hard to describe. i don't know what it was called.

That sounds good where do you get it can you order it with room service. We are most of the time going to have to do room service with breakfast with ports almost everyday to get off on time for our shore things. MMMM

If no one can help you and I can find it I will ask one of the cooks. I do not go until April.

We went to Canada a few years ago. You are very nice people. We loved going to the coal mines?

Hi Wish (his mname) he was our guide. Wonderful if going to Canada do it. If you are healthly. Yoi will be in a mine:D

It is served at the breakfast buffet every morning, don't know what they would call it on the breakfast room service menu though--probably oatmeal?? Glad to hear you enjoyed it too, joetrizeo. B4 I sailed, everyone said to "make sure you try the 'oatmealy stuff'...It's great, but doesn't look too appetizing at first glance" and they were right! I'll be looking forward to your post in April--mom and wife...many thanks and bon voyage to you.

It is served at the breakfast buffet every morning, don't know what they would call it on the breakfast room service menu though--probably oatmeal?? Glad to hear you enjoyed it too, joetrizeo. B4 I sailed, everyone said to "make sure you try the 'oatmealy stuff'...It's great, but doesn't look too appetizing at first glance" and they were right! I'll be looking forward to your post in April--mom and wife...many thanks and bon voyage to you.

Ok in April I will be looking for some stuff that does not look good and eat it and I will also ask the cooks that brand it is? Use mommy and women powers for you.:D

We were on the Mediterranea from 2/25 through 3/11. The stuff is properly called muesli or mueslix. It is a mixture of oatmeal, yogurt, fruit and nuts. Fruit and nuts can vary from recipe to recipe. It is served cold and is available in both the buffet and the dining room, at least on the Mediterranea, and I assume on the rest of Costa's ships. My wife loved it and ate it every day on the Mediterranea. Kellogg markets a version of it in the US and, I believe, in Canada.

Mom & Wife, I'll look for the Kellogg's mueslix the next time I'm in the supermarket & give it a try (cold & mixed with yogurt, gotcha!). Joetrizeo, let me know if they have it on the Mariner b/c I'll be sailing her in July/07. I didn't see it on the AOS last yr.

Thanks everyone for helping satisfy my strange craving!

Mom & Wife, I'll look for the Kellogg's mueslix the next time I'm in the supermarket & give it a try (cold & mixed with yogurt, gotcha!). Joetrizeo, let me know if they have it on the Mariner b/c I'll be sailing her in July/07. I didn't see it on the AOS last yr.

Thanks everyone for helping satisfy my strange craving!

It is not strange I would have done the same thing. And now I will be looking for this stuff to see how gross it looks and how great it taste.

Remember that most resturants add sugar and salt to everthing they s=cook so if it is off you may want to try that!:D I hope it is a yummy as you remember.

Hi mom & wife:

I found a recipe on the cruise foodie board that seemed similar. Tried it using the mueslix and it's not the same. If it's not too much bother, can you pls renew my quest...it's probably a brand of mueslix that I can't get anyway, but I'd like to know the recipe in case it ever shows up in the gourmet food stores. Many thanks and Bon voyage in April!

Archived