Plz Help: Driving thru Dallas to Port of Houston

plutosmom

Hello all! Hoping someone with good experience can help us make our drive from Iowa to Port of Houston efficient. Our NCL DREAM ship leaves next Sat, 3/17. We are staying Friday night in Farmers Branch, TX, which is on I35E. We'll be on the road to Port of Houston by 6am Saturday morning.

What is the most efficient way to go through/around Dallas and Houston to get to the Port of Houston? I don't care about toll costs, just the most efficient, least-confusing and stress-free route.

Thanks very much to all of you!

Hello all! Hoping someone with good experience can help us make our drive from Iowa to Port of Houston efficient. Our NCL DREAM ship leaves next Sat, 3/17. We are staying Friday night in Farmers Branch, TX, which is on I35E. We'll be on the road to Port of Houston by 6am Saturday morning.

What is the most efficient way to go through/around Dallas and Houston to get to the Port of Houston? I don't care about toll costs, just the most efficient, least-confusing and stress-free route.

Thanks very much to all of you!

You can follow I-35E south towards Downtown Dallas & exit at Woodall Rogers, that helps around going thru Downtown, to I-45 South that will take you all the way to Houston.

Or take I-635 over to the Tollway & go south, then follow the above directions or take I-635 all the way over to Central Expressway, aka I-45.

Traffic shouldn't be a problem that time of morning on the weekend unless there is construction.

Some road construction in a couple of different spots between Dallas & Houston but just be patient.....usually only a slight slow down or minor delay.

Jeano222 gave you a good route or, if you want to avoid downtown Houston. Just past the Woodlands on 45, past the Rayford Sawdust exit, take the Hardy Toll Rd., 23 miles of little traffic (2 tolls of $1.25 each) that takes you to 610 East follow that to where immediately over the ship channel bridge you exit 225 down to 146. There are signs posted down there to the terminals.

We live about 5 miles from there along 146, it's a good way back from the Dallas area.

Archived