Condition of the Voyager

We have cruised many times, but not in quite a while on RCCL. We are about to book a 2008 Europe cruise on Voyager. Being the oldest of the Voyager class, we are concerned that the ship may look older or worn. How is its condition? Are we in for a lesser experience than on some of the newer members of its class? Thanks, Steve in NJ

We have cruised many times, but not in quite a while on RCCL. We are about to book a 2008 Europe cruise on Voyager. Being the oldest of the Voyager class, we are concerned that the ship may look older or worn. How is its condition? Are we in for a lesser experience than on some of the newer members of its class? Thanks, Steve in NJ

Old, is relative (and some of my relatives are old, but that's neither here nor there).

It's only 8 years old, which is young in cruise-ship years. And, RCCL does a great job maintaining her. It will likely be the newest cruse ship you've ever been on -- so enjoy!

I've been on it twice and will be on it again in June and looking forward to it.

Just got off the Voyager today. Have no fear............she is beautiful!

Ann

Thanks Ann, Glad to hear it for three big reasons..... :)

I agree with you Punderful, the Vision class ships are all well kept and like new in all of the ways that count. We think RCI does a great job of taking care of our ships.

We've been on many cruises, and on several new ships. I am just concerned b/c I don't think upkeep is what it used to be. Glad to hear the ship is like new! Any "inside" tips?

She should be fine. We were on her back in 2004 when she was 5 years old and she looked like she was brand new. I was on Navigator last year when she was 4 and she didn't look any better than Voyager. They really do a great job keeping up their ships. There are some little things that just can't be kept looking perfect, like the outdoor decks, but they really don't look bad, they can just get a little bit of a worn look to them after a few years. She should be fine, I would sail on her again.

Hi Steve

When does RCI release the European Intin? Do you have details of any sailings for 2008 yet?

Just got off the Voyager today. Have no fear............she is beautiful!

Ann

Ann, we are sailing in 27 days on Voyager....a review would be appreciated. Anything we should not miss? I am sure that it is a VERY beautiful ship, after all, we are on a cruise right?:D

My husband and I were on the 3/3-3/10 Voyager sailing. I won't bore you with all the talk of how wonderful things were because everything was wonderful (staff, room, food, islands etc.) I do have a few "suggestions" for any one going on Voyager any time soon.

1. Watch your flight info. We booked our flight through RCCL. We had weather delays flying out of Chicago (1 hour) and missed our connection in Atlanta (by 10 minutes.) Atlanta air port was great about getting us on another flight however we landed in Ft Lauderdale with only 1/2 hour to get our luggaged and make it to the ship. Needless to say, we had to leave our luggage and book it to get onto the ship. Because of this we did not get our luggage until the next day in Nassau. (My in-laws who were traveling with us did not get all of theirs until St Thomas!!) Being that our flight was booked through RCCL, it would have been nice if there were a little more time in between for delays such as this.

2. Avoid the women's bathroom at the front of the ship on Deck 4. This bathroom is the nearest to La Scala Theater, The Vault and the Schooner Bar. This bathroom only had 1 stall!!! Made for long lines waiting to use the facilities.

3. Some of the bars ran out of Bud Light by day 4, however if you check around at other bars, we found more. ;)

4. I highly recommend seeing the paino player in the Schooner Bar. When he was playing it was the most crowded bar on the ship!!! But he was very very good and it was worth it to stand and watch him.

5. I had a few spa treatments which I recommend. My "person" was Emma. She did not try to pressure me into buying anything.

I'm sure

My husband and I were on the 3/3-3/10 Voyager sailing. I won't bore you with all the talk of how wonderful things were because everything was wonderful (staff, room, food, islands etc.) I do have a few "suggestions" for any one going on Voyager any time soon.

1. Watch your flight info. We booked our flight through RCCL. We had weather delays flying out of Chicago (1 hour) and missed our connection in Atlanta (by 10 minutes.) Atlanta air port was great about getting us on another flight however we landed in Ft Lauderdale with only 1/2 hour to get our luggaged and make it to the ship. Needless to say, we had to leave our luggage and book it to get onto the ship. Because of this we did not get our luggage until the next day in Nassau. (My in-laws who were traveling with us did not get all of theirs until St Thomas!!) Being that our flight was booked through RCCL, it would have been nice if there were a little more time in between for delays such as this.

2. Avoid the women's bathroom at the front of the ship on Deck 4. This bathroom is the nearest to La Scala Theater, The Vault and the Schooner Bar. This bathroom only had 1 stall!!! Made for long lines waiting to use the facilities.

3. Some of the bars ran out of Bud Light by day 4, however if you check around at other bars, we found more. ;)

4. I highly recommend seeing the paino player in the Schooner Bar. When he was playing it was the most crowded bar on the ship!!! But he was very very good and it was worth it to stand and watch him.

5. I had a few spa treatments which I recommend. My "person" was Emma. She did not try to pressure me into buying anything.

I'm sure there are some things that I missed but that's it for now. Over all, the Voyager is a BEAUTIFUL ship and we had the time of our lives.

The new European itinerary is released on 14th March.

I was under the impression that the Independence European itineraries are being released on the 14th... but didn't think we had a release date yet for the other ships doing Europe.

Archived