Please help me in finding the perfect beach!

rogerashley

Ok... I worked my tail off to book this cruise and I am not going to let it go to hell so please help.

I have a wife and an 8 year old daughter who can't swim well so I need to find a nice clean beach with shallow clean azure water so that I can take lots of pictures of them. I don't want spring break crowd ruining my excursion and I am cannot afford to spend a lot on fees and what have you..... so... Please help this troubled husband find the right place to be.

Chankaanab Park or Playa Mia? Is there a better place? If so, what is it called?

Thank you.

Ok... I worked my tail off to book this cruise and I am not going to let it go to hell so please help.

I have a wife and an 8 year old daughter who can't swim well so I need to find a nice clean beach with shallow clean azure water so that I can take lots of pictures of them. I don't want spring break crowd ruining my excursion and I am cannot afford to spend a lot on fees and what have you..... so... Please help this troubled husband find the right place to be.

Chankaanab Park or Playa Mia? Is there a better place? If so, what is it called?

Thank you.

Unsure of when you will be in cozumel, and that might help with idea's.

After visiting Playa Mia last week and Nachi Cocum this past December, I'd say Nachi Cocum hands down is better. They only allow 100 guests per day, so it was very easy for me to keep an eye on my 11 yr old boy and 7 yr old daughter. I felt very at ease allowing them to run around the beach area, I would not have felt that way at Playa Mia.

I have a wife and an 8 year old daughter who can't swim well so I need to find a nice clean beach with shallow clean azure water so that I can take lots of pictures of them.
This would rule out Chankannab as most of the shoreline there is rock and the water is too deep to stand in. The only exception is the very small sandy children's lagoon and that won't satisfy your desire for "clean, azure water".

14Chanakaab-shore1.jpg

15Chanakaab-shore2.jpg

I don't want spring break crowd ruining my excursion and I am cannot afford to spend a lot on fees and what have you..... so...
Playa Mia wouldn't be a good choice either IMO. The ship's excursions take cruisers there by the bus load. It has a very good chance of being crowded. In addition to transportation costs, there is an entrance fee which varies depending on if you want an All Inclusive package or just admission.

Passion Island is a good idea. It has the shallow, sandy beach you are looking for. It is less likely to have a "spring break" crowd.

I'd also consider Playa Palancar It is the club that is the farthest to the south, so it is least likely to be crowded. It is usually a quiet, laid back experience. You'd probably want to wear water shoes there. No entry fee, but like all the "free" beach clubs, you'll be expected to buy some food/drinks if you use their facilities.

I wouldn't rule out Paradise Beach Club either.

A note about water color; the color/clairity of the water varies daily as it is greatly influenced on the weather conditions. If it is windy, the water is likely to be less clear and blue.

We went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel..We took a cab there (there are many cabs waiting right after you get off the pier and walk through the shops) We discussed $$ before we got in for r/t and they brought us and picked us up.. It was a wonderful day.. Salsa and chips great. Dos Equis ice cold... The water is shallow enough.

Not very crowded and the waiters served you right on the beach...:D

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/restaurant.htm We def would recommend this beach club..

I'd also consider Playa Palancar It is the club that is the farthest to the south, so it is least likely to be crowded. It is usually a quiet, laid back experience. You'd probably want to wear water shoes there. No entry fee, but like all the "free" beach clubs, you'll be expected to buy some food/drinks if you use their facilities.

I wouldn't rule out Paradise Beach Club either.

A note about water color; the color/clairity of the water varies daily as it is greatly influenced on the weather conditions. If it is windy, the water is likely to be less clear and blue.

That is what I like about Bruce-r, good solid info. Gracias amigo.

I must agree 100%. Palancar and Paradise would be my 2 picks for a youngster or anyone needing easy access. We have done both and would not hesitate to go to either again.

Paradise can get crowded in the midday but most people don't stay long. By 2:00 things get back to normal.

Passion Island is one that I have seen good reviews on, but we have not made it there yet. Maybe next time.

When you went to this beach/restarant, how much did it cost for the transportation? How far is it from the pier? Does it cost to enter? Cost for chairs or umbrella? We're heading out this weekend and I'm trying to do a little pre-planning!

My answers are for Mr. Sancho's

When you went to this beach/restarant, how much did it cost for the transportation?
Taxi for up to 4 people should be around $15. Try to have exact change if you can.

How far is it from the pier?
No sure, but it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get there.
Does it cost to enter?
No, but you will be expected to buy food/drinks.
Cost for chairs or umbrella?
No, see above.

More beach info

We set our price with our cab driver up front........ Cabs are there right off the pier at taxi stop.. We paid 10.00 (you can haggle) it took us about 10 or 15 minutes to get there. We got our beach chairs for free...They do have a wonderful restaurant.. we bought nachos.. and beers... the other people that were with us brought water with them..No pressure to purchase food, but they were very attentive if you did want anything..they have showers which were nice..also...It is a free beach.... The cabs wait right outside the beach club so you do not have to call for one.. http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/home.htm

I would give Palancar consideration, I was there last Spring and have been to a lot of other beaches in Coz, My kids were 10 an 12 last year. It was very laid back, very few people, nice big beach and easy to watch the kids. It is furthest of the beach clubs from port, but an easy cab ride to and from. When my wife was watching the kids, I explored down the beach for a very long way which is uncommon in Coz, did not run into anyone. ( wear some beach shoes ) It was like I was on a deserted island. There is no entry fee, just buy some food and drink. Also, they have a snorkeling trip from the beach, only saw 8 pepole get on the boat for the trip that went out to Palancar reef which has great snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Chen Rio on the East side of the Island. Calm waters, great beach restaurant and great Palapas to sit under and enjoy a nice day at the beach. This location is away from the crowds on the west side of the island. It was absolutely the most memorable and enjoyable day of the cruise. You will need to rent a car to get there, but driving in Cozumel is easy.

Archived