Panama on NCL

grammyofjess

Has anyone that has sailed on the cruise thru the Panama, give me some advice. How is it? to begin with and is it worth it? They have such a strange route, boarding in SA (anyway on the Crown) I see the Sun, the Crown and the Dream all make that trip? If you had your choice, which one would you take?

We leave Wed on the Star to Mexico and I know they'll have some offers and I'd like to have some idea what we want, because the Panama will be our next cruise. Maybe another cruise line, but I'm pretty loyal to NCL

I would take the Pearl repositional cruise this spring and fall repostiioning to Alaska and back to Miami. She is the largest ship NCL has going through the canal. The Sun is headed to Alaska too through the canal, she is the next largest. The Crown will return from Santiago this spring, and the Dream is headed to Santiago this fall.

We're booked on the Pearl for her reposition from the West coast to the East coast, scheduled in October. She leaves out of LA on 9/29. Regarding costs and sailing dates, I'll plug in the NCL site where you can check on those types of issues:

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

The Panama Canal transit has been a dream of mine...I am so looking forward to going on this cruise.

Ciao,

W A W W

At the new NCL website on Oct. 9, 2007 the Sun departs San Diego for Miami through the Panama Canal. The Sun is repostiioning through Hawaii, one leg Vancouver to Honolulu and other islands, the second leg Honolulu and other islands to Escanada, the third leg San Diego to Miami.

My husband Ted and I have signed up with NCL Dream in Oct. We haved sailed on the Dream before to Baltic Seas and Alaska . We love the boat- free sytle food was helpful for early excursions. One of the excursions will be Machu Picchu. I will be using this thread for futher information- but give me time the excursions will be listed on the NCL forum. The last trip we went to Greece and Turkey etc.

Archived