Cate. 11 to Cate. 12??

mprucha

Sailed twice on Carnival, both times booked a gty suite and was upgraded to a cat 12. Can't wait to leave for voyage #2.

Ok, I'm confused when you booked a guarantee suite what exactly were you "guaranteed". I guess what I am asking is did you book a balcony guarantee or what?

Each ship has "suites" as opposed to simply balcony cabins. They are saying they booked a gauranteed suite meaning they paid for a suite but they gave carnival the decision of where on the ship their suite would be.

Each ship has "suites" as opposed to simply balcony cabins. They are saying they booked a gauranteed suite meaning they paid for a suite but they gave carnival the decision of where on the ship their suite would be.

Okay so that is what I want to know. What is the difference between a balcony cabin and a suite? Is a suite just a Cat 11 and 12? What is the largest balcony cabin?

1st cruise ( on the Elation) we booked 2 ocean views and 1 inside and the fairy gave us 2 Cat. 12s and 1 ocean view same level. WOW. That spoiled us big time.

2nd cruise was on the Conquest and our group booked three cat. 11 and 1 balcony. Definitely worth it.

This time (Fantasy) we booked 1 cat. 12, 2 ste. gnty- (with 5 in a room will be a cat. 12)

One cannot tell. However, our group loves the suites.:)

I have only been on one cruise and we were in a CAT 12 with four people. No problem. Next cruise we are looking at just two of us and wondering about cabin size.

Okay so that is what I want to know. What is the difference between a balcony cabin and a suite? Is a suite just a Cat 11 and 12? What is the largest balcony cabin?

We've booked our first suite for our upcoming cruise--except for our first cruise we've always had balcony cabins. We're on the Spirit, and we booked a Cat 12, which is the largest cabin with a balcony.

The main difference between a balcony cabin and a suite is that the suite is larger.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

Category 8 is the smallest balcony cabin; 9 is slightly larger; 11 and 12 are the only suites. I've never understood why they don't have a category 10.

So if I don't want a Cat 11 or 12 but I want a balcony I should book at Cat 8. Now what is the difference between A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I?

What is an extended balcony cabin (not talking about the Aft balcony).

I'm looking at the Valor if that makes any difference.

So if I don't want a Cat 11 or 12 but I want a balcony I should book at Cat 8. Now what is the difference between A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I?

What is an extended balcony cabin (not talking about the Aft balcony).

If you want a "regular" balcony cabin, then book Cat 8.

The letters have to do with location on the ship--what deck the cabin is on and where it's located on that deck.

An extended balcony is typically deeper (more distance between balcony door and railing) than a regular balcony.

Jayne

If you want a "regular" balcony cabin, then book Cat 8.

The letters have to do with location on the ship--what deck the cabin is on and where it's located on that deck.

An extended balcony is typically deeper (more distance between balcony door and railing) than a regular balcony.

Jayne

Okay.....How do I know if I am getting an extended balcony or a regular balcony?

Somewhere along the line I was told 8 A, B, D, F, & H were regular balcony and 8 C, E, G, & I were extended balcony. Now I hear the letters don't have anything to do with balcony and are only for deck location. HELP!

I've never been on the Valor, but on the Conquest, the extended (deep) balconies were all aft cabins (facing the rear) as far as I know. The 9As on the port and starboard sides are longer than 8s, but not deeper.

Archived