Scuba Costa Maya

slp1323

Where is the best place to book a dive in Costa Maya? Our ship is scheduled to dock there from 9:00-3:00. If anyone has booked a dive through a dive operator and has any suggestions, please let me know. There doesn't seem to be very much to choose from. Thanks in advance for your help.:)

We recently returned from a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Fantasy.

This was my first scuba adventure as well. I was traveling with a certified diver and booked through Costa Maya Tours, not with the ship. It is probably about $30-45 cheaper booking with Costa Maya Tours.

They have a website you can do it all online....

*****.com

I did the discover scuba course and he did the two tank dive so he could dive while I did the course. They do the course right there at the dock and you practice right off of the beach..

Its pretty simple.

We did not do the Tequilla beach break that you can include with it. Luckily because we would not have had time.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for anymore info!!

Happy Cruising!!!!

Thanks...we had looked into that operation. I'm glad you told me about not booking the Tequila Beach Break with it...we were thinking of doing that. I'll be doing the beach break while my husband dives and he was going to add that on...but if there's not enough time it saves money.

How were the dive operators...did your diving friend have any comments?:)

Sharon

I did diving in Costa Maya in Dec. 2006.... I used Blue Ocean Safari.... I thought they were very good.... You board the boat right off the beach and if you have non diving friends, they can wait there.... The vis wasn't great due to the storm but it was still very good..... This guy kept following up all over the place........lol.....

grayangelfish.jpg

Their website is: http://www.blueoceansafari.com

I was there last March

I did some snorkling on the beach in town. It was very diferent from anywhere I had ever been. It was very grassy just off of shore, but I saw some amazing things and it was only $5 to get into town and the beer was only $2.:cool:

I think you have to check out Maya Palms. Of course we didn't dive, but rather snorkeled back in Feb. You will be glad you went. It is Amazing. I wanna go back right now. Pedro and the dogs will take great care of you...but you will be severly depressed when you leave...buy the drink package

Archived