Baby on Board

sophie706

Our daughter will be 18 months old at the time of our crusie and I just had a few questions for any experienced parents.

How do I fill up her bottles? Do I order the milk? am I charged extra? Has anyone actually brought a couple of gallons of milk aboard in a cooler? We have a fridge in our room so storing the milk would not be a problem.

I read that babies cannot go in the pool unless they are potty trained - so no swimming diapers. Is this true?

I was told to bring my own pac-n-play because the ones on the ship are pretty beat up and that at times it's difficult to get a high chair. Anyone have any experience with these items?

Also, I read that we may be able to check in a case of bottled water. Has anyone done this?

We're traveling on NCL's Dawn in May and I would greatly appreciate any input or advice .

Hi, Sophie, and welcome to Cruise Critic! We traveled with our DD when she was 21 months old--it was a great family vacation. :D I've answered a few of your questions below, but keep in mind that we've never cruised NCL, so my answers are based on our experiences on Carnival and Princess.

If you go to the "Family Cruising" forum, you'll find a ton of information on traveling with kids.

Have a great cruise!!

Jayne

:)

How do I fill up her bottles? Do I order the milk? am I charged extra? You can order milk from room service and there's no charge for it--though tipping for room service is customary.

I read that babies cannot go in the pool unless they are potty trained - so no swimming diapers. Is this true? Yes. This is true.

Also, I read that we may be able to check in a case of bottled water. Has anyone done this? I've heard of people doing this. We've put a luggage tag on a couple of 12-packs of soda (taped together with duct tape) and they were delivered to our room with no problem.

Our daughter will be 18 months old at the time of our crusie and I just had a few questions for any experienced parents.

How do I fill up her bottles? Do I order the milk? am I charged extra? Has anyone actually brought a couple of gallons of milk aboard in a cooler? We have a fridge in our room so storing the milk would not be a problem.

I read that babies cannot go in the pool unless they are potty trained - so no swimming diapers. Is this true?

I was told to bring my own pac-n-play because the ones on the ship are pretty beat up and that at times it's difficult to get a high chair. Anyone have any experience with these items?

Also, I read that we may be able to check in a case of bottled water. Has anyone done this?

We're traveling on NCL's Dawn in May and I would greatly appreciate any input or advice .

room service wil provide all the milk you need: No she can not use the pool even if whe has swimmy diapers. Some have found bringing a small inflateble pool works great. The crew will help you fill and empty it.

You can bring all the bottled water you want, but the ship water is very good. It is up to you which way you want to go.

As for high chairs and pac @ play, they are sanitized after every use, but of course they won't be as nice as at home: the pac @ play that is; the high chairs are available but if you are traveling during kid season there may be a shortage. I am sure you do not plan on bringing your own. How about the chairs that snap onto the table? We used them for a couple of our grandkids and people in our church use them all the time. NMNita

Archived