Legend - can we bring wine onboard?

Kerrid

Just wondering if we could bring wine onboard the Legend (2) bottles for our trip? Will they confiscate it at check in? If not, where do you keep it when bringing on board - your carry on?

Thank you!

Yup, I always put my wine in my carryon and the just put it thru the x-ray machine like in the airport. No problem, it is allowed.

really? I can't find this info on their website - do you have a link - I would love to print it out in case we have any problems.

found the link - it seems and though there isn't a limit on how much wine you can bring only if its "excessive quantities"

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

We've taken two bottles with no problem.

According the the "Welcome Aboard" booklet that comes with your documents,

""..wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise." It also says " All liquor, EXCESSIVE quantities of wine and non-alcoholic beverages, TO BE DETERMINED AT THE DISCRETION OF SECURITY AND/OR EMBARKATION PERSONNEL will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

Sooo....it sounds like if you get carried away and try to take a case of wine on the ship for a 3-day cruise and the security personnel are having a bad day, you could have a problem. We usually think in terms of moderation and it's worked for us. Good Luck!

I would say 5 is a bit excessive, but I usually bring a bottle or two of wine on board and I have never had any problems. I also bring a folding cooler to put the wine in and the room steward usually fills it with ice for me and even cleans the little plastic wine glasses that I bring along,

Out of curiousity would you consider 5 bottles of wine or champagne excessive on a 5 day cruise?

Smiles!

I personally think that's a bit much, but on the other hand my friend and I are taking 4 bottles between us on our 8 day cruise.

:rolleyes:

Just wondering if we could bring wine onboard the Legend (2) bottles for our trip? Will they confiscate it at check in? If not, where do you keep it when bringing on board - your carry on?

Thank you!

I plan on 4 bottles this year! Last year I brought 2 and I had it in my carry on ... scan and done!! If it makes you fell better call carnival ... as I did reconfirm with my PVP that I can STILL bring wine aboard :D along wiht soda and water (as we drink pepsi!)

Wouldn't carrying wine in a carryon bag on a flight violate TSA's liquids policy?

And for the record, now you can get some pretty nice boxes of french wine at the 175 ml size. Just packaged differently, but the wine is still lovely.

~fly

I personally think 5 bottles for 5 days is fine. BF and I typically drink 2 or so bottles when we go out to dinner. If we still plan on buying a bottle of dinner, shouldn't we be able to bring a bottle to drink in our cabin/or our balcony while we are getting ready? It's not like they will bring wine to me via room service...

Wouldn't carrying wine in a carryon bag on a flight violate TSA's liquids policy?

And for the record, now you can get some pretty nice boxes of french wine at the 175 ml size. Just packaged differently, but the wine is still lovely.

~fly

Funny..

Never thought of the boxed wine! Good idea if the wine is decent.

Thanks

We brought boxed wine and it was just "fine".

We brought one full one and one half box (I think each were the equalivant of 3 bottles) and brought it on a 5 day cruise. The only question asked was, "What is that?" My DH said, "it's wine." And security said..ok and sent us on our way.:)

Archived